Menu

Spotless house in a 10 minute freakout ha ha ha

Mandylubug

Thought some one was about to drop by, we still had books thrown every where, papers everywhere, floor not swept, dishes in the sink, etc... I flew through the house like I was demon possessed and cleaned the house....then realized it was a false alarm ha ha. At least my house is clean :p

I love the term "Visitor Drill"!

My mom was the master of the Visitor Drill. She was a single, working mom and didn't have much time for cleaning.  But man, she taught me how to clean up fast if company was coming.  No closet space went unstuffed, and no drawers went uncrammed.   :p   My mom had it down to a science.

All my adult life, I've been trying to get into more of a housecleaning routine (thereby making the Visitor Drill obsolete). But I'm finding that if you've been raised on the Visitor Drill protocol, it's hard to unlearn.   :tongue_smilie:

Totally stealing "visitor drill".   We have "daddy just called and he's on his way home" cleaning frenzy!  When dh calls we all clean up really quickly, as a matter of fact, we just got done!  All I have to do is put a few dishes in the dishwasher.  I tell the girls after daddy has been gone working or in school all day he deserves to come home to a clean house.  Dh could really care less as long as we are not pigs, but it works to get the house clean!

Totally stealing "visitor drill".   We have "daddy just called and he's on his way home" cleaning frenzy!  When dh calls we all clean up really quickly, as a matter of fact, we just got done!  All I have to do is put a few dishes in the dishwasher.  I tell the girls after daddy has been gone working or in school all day he deserves to come home to a clean house.  Dh could really care less as long as we are not pigs, but it works to get the house clean!

"Daddy Drill".  Same general concept.  We do that here too.   :D

This thread made me remember the good old days when I would run around like a wild woman and throw all the junk and clutter into laundry baskets and hide them in my bedroom. I haven't had to do that in a long while. I don't know I've been keeping things tidier or if I just have fewer guests.

There you go.  Every now and then you should have a Visitor Drill.

We kind of do! I often set the timer for 5-10 minutes and have everyone clean up as fast as they can. We get to stop when the timer goes off. I am amazed at how much 1 little, 3 big kids and I can get done.

My mom used to stuff dirty dishes in the oven, which worked fine, unless she forgot to remove them before the next time she preheated it!  :laugh:

I've done the stuff the laundry baskets...

Also have put something that smells nice in the microwave...

We kind of do! I often set the timer for 5-10 minutes and have everyone clean up as fast as they can. We get to stop when the timer goes off. I am amazed at how much 1 little, 3 big kids and I can get done.

My mom used to call this the 10 minute clean up game. It was fun while we were little but as we got older, we caught one..not to mention it went from 10 minutes to 30 to 1 hour. It really stopped being fun then..lol