Menu

HELP! Need a recipe for Punch

Live2Ride

My favorite punch has a thing of sherbet, ginger ale and a pineapple juice. You put the sherbet in the bowl, pour over the pineapple juice and a couple of minutes before serving pour over the ginger ale. It is really good. I prefer getting the green sherbet because the swirled orange and green sorta looks like vomit after a while

Well, you can use a can of frozen lemonade and add soda water instead of plain water. Then you have fizzy lemonade but it isn't too sweet.

And then there's cucumber punch: one 2-liter bottle of lemon-lime soda, one large can of lime-ade--this is important. It must be lime-ade--one peeled, sliced cucumber, and ice to fill the punch bowl. This is amazingly tasty.

Our recipe is simple:  one gallon of raspberry Crystal Light + 2 liters 7-up + 1 gallon lime sherbet.  I use a hand mixer so it gets all foamy.

ETA - this is a nice recipe because it can be made sugar-free for us diabetics by using diet soda and leaving out the sherbet.  It's a nice treat!

http://wouldbewritersguild.com/blog/2008/07/15/why-i-keep-getting-invited-to-parties/

My daughter asked for this punch for her Sweet 16 party. The lady wrote that it was the best punch ever...I was skeptical. I like punch, but really-how good can punch be? I could not make it fast enough, every time I turned around, I was having to make more. It is really good!

1 can (46 oz) pineapple Juice, chilled

1 bottle (32 oz) cranberry juice cocktail, chilled

1 bottle (1 liter - 33.8 oz) ginger ale, chilled

1 can (6 oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed    

Garnish: orange slices, strawberry halves, mint leaves

I like to freeze some of the cranberry juice in a pretty shaped mold and then add the frozen block to the punch to keep it cold without diluting the flavor.

I made several for a wedding recently, but this one was drank until it was gone.  Then people switched to soda.  I also made it with some Rum for a girl's night out.  None of us were sober enough to drive ourselves home that night.

http://wouldbewritersguild.com/blog/2008/07/15/why-i-keep-getting-invited-to-parties/

1 can frozen pina colada concentrate, thawed (Bacardi makes a good one)
1 can frozen orange pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
4 liters of diet lemon-lime soda (That’s two 2-Liters for the mathematically challenged.)
1 bag of pebble ice (You can buy it at Sonic Drive-In or at most grocery stores in the deli or meat departments.)
1 bag of frozen raspberries

And now for the directions:
*Pour the thawed concentrates into your punchbowl and stir.
*Use one of the empty cans and fill it with water four times and add it to the mixture. Stir.
*Add your diet soda to the mixture. (You can use regular sugar-filled soda if you want, but I think it gets too sweet and you will also feel guilty when you fill your glass for the sixteenth time. Which you WILL.)
*Next, add about half your bag of pebble ice.
(NOTE: Please do not insult The Punch by using crappy ice cubes from your freezer. The Punch will hate you forever.) (ANOTHER NOTE: Please do not screw up the order and add the ice before the soda. You will get an ugly foam at the top of your punch bowl.) (ONE MORE NOTE: I’m sorry if it seems like I’m micro-managing this recipe. It’s just that I have already suffered bad punch experiences so that you won’t have to. I micro-manage because I care.) Let’s see….where were we? Oh, yes. We’re ready for the crowning ingredient…
*Add your frozen raspberries to the top.