Menu

Cold custard type of food

Night Elf

Help me out here. When I was in college, we had the best little cafe nearby. One of their breakfast items was a cold custard cereal of some type. It had the consistency of a soft oatmeal but it was definitely not oatmeal. It didn't have pieces like you find in oatmeal. It was smooth. We would drizzle honey on it. It was so good! What on earth could it have been?

It's definitely not grits. I'm in the south and I love grits. It was definitely a cold dish too. I mean, not just something that had lost it's heat. It was served chilled. When I looked for the cafe online, I found out it's closed. That's sad indeed.

there was something the krishnas used to serve as a dessert which was kinda like that, but i forget what it was called - no, wait, didnt they call it halva, which drove me nuts, because halva is a wonderful sesame candy . . . idk

Did it have brown sugar in it and the texture of creme brulee?  

The memories that brings back.  

Closer, but a tad bit grainier and I don't recall the top being a different texture. I do think it was like cream of wheat, just cold maybe? Can you serve that cold?

I'll just look for breakfast custards and see if I can find something that looks yummy. The cafe also had these great whole wheat biscuits. Good memories, really good memories.

These look really yummy. :) Thank you for the links.