Menu

What does one do with Home Depot AND Lowes store credit?

I have $25 Home Depot & $50 Lowe's store credit. We are NOT doing ANYTHING to this house b/c we are plugging everything we have into buying a house moving come spring (we rent so the house fix up doesn't fall on us). Any other store in the world and I'd know what to buy but not these stores. I'd really like to buy something for myself,R something that will help my budget/household OR grab a early xmas gift but ---- WHAT??? Its my understanding we have to use this store credit this calendar year. Any ideas off the top of the hive???

Basic tools that you will need when you are a home owner. How about cleaning supplies? Batteries (our local store has HUGE packs very cheap--and my kids love batteries in their stockings). You can also find winter gloves that are quite nice, packing materials for your upcoming move, CD players, MP3 players, etc.---stuff you wouldn't think they would have but they do.

If you don't already have them, carbon monoxide dectors and/or more smoke/fire detectors are always good. Oh, our local ones even have booster seats if you have kids that need those.

Being in school room planning mode as I am, I'd look at their organizational stuff. Shelves, baskets and the like.

But light bulbs was a good idea, or water filters, filters of any sort actually.

Gee, yeah, all of the above, I guess I don't have anything new to add here.

Oh, do you need a whiteboard? Many here have gotten tile board from one of those places.

I have $25 Home Depot & $50 Lowe's store credit. We are NOT doing ANYTHING to this house b/c we are plugging everything we have into buying a house moving come spring (we rent so the house fix up doesn't fall on us). Any other store in the world and I'd know what to buy but not these stores. I'd really like to buy something for myself,R something that will help my budget/household OR grab a early xmas gift but ---- WHAT??? Its my understanding we have to use this store credit this calendar year. Any ideas off the top of the hive???

Cleaning supplies and lightbulbs are always needed. They also usually have large packs of water and papertowels at ours.

I would check on that calendar year thing. And if not, then I would save them for the new house. You will DEFINITELY need something from the hardware store if you move. A gallon of paint, mini blinds, area rug, lamps & shades, lightbulbs, ceiling fan. They pretty much have it all.