Menu

8/5 exercise check-in

Has no one really posted this yet? It's 9:30!

Ok, on the off chance...

I thought I was going further today. I was hoping for 3.75 miles. It's hard when you simply add to your loop. But it was only 3.2 miles. I'll know next time. 35 minutes, 10:46 pace.

Lots of high schoolers out there today! Maybe 50!

More humid than yesterday. Hotter too. But it still was a good run.

I was determined to have a good run today. Out the door at 6:30 (ugh) and ran 28 minutes straight! Whoohoo. It was 2.55 miles at a 10'57" pace. Now I'm ready for a nap.

I have days like that. There was once that all I did was have breakfast - that dh made and I went back to bed.

Great job on the run!

I was looking for the thread too, everyone must have gotten a late start today. I did the same exercises I did yesterday, just in a different order - eliptical 20 min, bike 20 min, then hill walking 20 min. I also learned thighs can look a lot worse before they look better. I can see muscles, but also "cottage cheese" is more apparent.

Sorry about the cottage cheese. I hope it goes away soon! Great job working out!

Yay, I finally figured out the multi-quote thing. :D

I thought I was going further today. I was hoping for 3.75 miles. It's hard when you simply add to your loop. But it was only 3.2 miles. I'll know next time. 35 minutes, 10:46 pace.

Good job. I like running on the track at our school because I know how long each lap is and it sometimes helps motivate me to go a bit farther.

30min run then walking covering 3 miles.

Way to go. I like to walk for a while after my runs too. I think I put in about 2 miles of walking today.

I was looking for the thread too, everyone must have gotten a late start today. I did the same exercises I did yesterday, just in a different order - eliptical 20 min, bike 20 min, then hill walking 20 min. I also learned thighs can look a lot worse before they look better. I can see muscles, but also "cottage cheese" is more apparent.

I'm quite familiar with that cottage cheese too. I'm happy to say that mine is getting better, just not fast enough. :tongue_smilie: Good job.

Did my morning walk at 6 am on the treadmill. Too hot outside already for me.

I plan to do 30 minutes of weights around 11am

Tonight we are going to a Charlie Daniels/38 special concert so I won't be doing an evening walk.

Okay, that sounds like a good concert. I think that is a perfectly valid reason to skip your evening walk. You've done enough for the day.

I went out early but just haven't had a chance to get on and post. Great job ladies!:)

I'm so going to have to start biking too. I used to bike a lot but I haven't done it for years now.

I normally run just before dinner in the late afternoon but of all things we have sun and heat this week so I met my running partner at 6 a.m. this morning (we both have dogs) but we decided to walk rather than run today. I may do a short run later in the day but maybe not. Maybe I'll enjoy the rare hot day.

Grab your coffee. This is quite a saga....

After a late afternoon/evening from H*LL, I about shot my alarm clock when it went off at 6:30 this morning. My early morning run wasn't about to happen -- I was totally exhausted. Instead of shooting it, I turned it off. I really wanted to push the snooze button, but....anyway, I ended up waking up at 7:50, which was 40 minutes before I had to leave to take my dd and her friend to horse camp for the rest of the week. I decide to throw some clothes on, drop them off, then go running. At 8:15 dd's friend informs me that she forgot socks and underwear. Ok....so we run to WalMart to get her some undies, then we stop at Wawa (think 7-11) to get some breakfast sandwiches and coffee and head off to the farm. We get there 20 minutes late only to find out that the instructor needs me to take her to her truck that her dh left somewhere when he got picked up for work this morning.

Here's where the fun begins....I discover a GIGANTIC splinter in my right foot. HUMONGOUS, GIGANTIC, GIHUGIC, ENORMOUS splinter. I never realized before how far my foot was from my eyeballs. Apparently, it was there since yesterday, and I just didn't feel it -- until now. And it's well beneath the skin by now. I just tried for over 30 minutes to dig it out, but I can't get it. It hurts to walk on it, it's all red and swollen and sore. Luvverly.

I'm running this afternoon after dh can get this splinter out of my foot. :glare:

I normally run just before dinner in the late afternoon but of all things we have sun and heat this week so I met my running partner at 6 a.m. this morning (we both have dogs) but we decided to walk rather than run today. I may do a short run later in the day but maybe not. Maybe I'll enjoy the rare hot day.

Great job. Walking is good. Some days I have all intentions of just walking but I just want to get my miles in so I start running.

Has no one really posted this yet? It's 9:30!

Ok, on the off chance...

Lots of high schoolers out there today! Maybe 50!

More humid than yesterday. Hotter too. But it still was a good run.

LOL I was afraid if I posted, that someone else would've already! Great job! I KWIM about adding to your regular loop. I found that if I add distance to the beginning of my run, it's much easier for me to finish!

Yea!!!

I was determined to have a good run today. Out the door at 6:30 (ugh) and ran 28 minutes straight! Whoohoo. It was 2.55 miles at a 10'57" pace. Now I'm ready for a nap.

Awesome!

Yuck on the cottage cheese! It will get better!!! What time do you work out?

Tonight we are going to a Charlie Daniels/38 special concert so I won't be doing an evening walk.

Have fun at the concert!

I went out early but just haven't had a chance to get on and post. Great job ladies!:)

Great job!

Good job! 6 am is SOOOOO early! But it feels so good to have it done early.

Here's where the fun begins....I discover a GIGANTIC splinter in my right foot. HUMONGOUS, GIGANTIC, GIHUGIC, ENORMOUS splinter. I never realized before how far my foot was from my eyeballs. Apparently, it was there since yesterday, and I just didn't feel it -- until now. And it's well beneath the skin by now. I just tried for over 30 minutes to dig it out, but I can't get it. It hurts to walk on it, it's all red and swollen and sore. Luvverly.

I'm running this afternoon after dh can get this splinter out of my foot. :glare:

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!! I hope your dh can get it out too.

50 minute walk this morning. It went just fine, nothing special to report. :) Just that I was out there and did it!

That's great!!!

I did a "speed run" this morning. I timed 2 miles and really pushed myself - 17 minutes - in the REALLY bad humidity. I was pretty happy with it. Then, I was going to do my strength training video, but the stove repair man showed up on the early end of the time estimate! I've never had that happen before! I'll do the strength training later today. Promise!

I woke up with a killer headache...same one I went to bed with last night. Probably from that drive to Tulsa and the flat tire on the side of the Expressway in 100 degree weather. Anyway, I told dh I couldn't run because of my pounding head, but we got up and walked almost 2 miles anyway.

Donna - so sorry about the splinter! That sounds excrutiating!

Today I felt back to "normal." I was out a little later than I wanted b/c a phone call from a dear friend came in at 8:30 and I wanted to take it. When I walked outside I thought, "No way." But I planned my run and ran my plan:

.25 warm-up

1 mile easy

3 miles of surges/fartleks/intervals/whatever (2 minutes hard, 2 minutes recovery) with a 1 minute sprint on the end

.25 cool-down

Felt good! Woo-hoo!

Good job, Cheryl! Have you been to http://www.runthere.com? You can put in your route and it measures the mileage for you, so you can know ahead of time how far you need to go OR you can put in your route when you get home and find out how far you went. It calculates your pace for you too. Cool site!

3 miles in 30 minutes WITH walking??? Way to go!!!! :thumbup:

6:30 - that's when I about shot my alarm clock :rolleyes: Is this the first time you ran the 28 minutes straight?? Good for you!!!

eliptical 20 min, bike 20 min, then hill walking 20 min.

That's a good workout, Michele. Keep it up -- and ignore the cottage cheese. :D

Charlie Daniels and 38 Special....and you live in OC, MD. Yep. I'm jealous ;) Good job on getting your walk in. Have fun tonight!

Angie, I wanna be you when I grow up.

I met my running partner at 6 a.m. this morning but we decided to walk rather than run today.

Ya know, I was just reading yesterday about how important rest/recovery days are. Walking instead of running every now and then is a great idea.

50 minute walk this morning. It went just fine, nothing special to report. :) Just that I was out there and did it!

Getting out and doing it is the best thing to report! Did you see my report for the day??? :rolleyes:

Good job you all everybody!!! (a little shout out to my fellow LOSTIES) :D

Today I felt back to "normal." I was out a little later than I wanted b/c a phone call from a dear friend came in at 8:30 and I wanted to take it. When I walked outside I thought, "No way." But I planned my run and ran my plan:

.25 warm-up

1 mile easy

3 miles of surges/fartleks/intervals/whatever (2 minutes hard, 2 minutes recovery) with a 1 minute sprint on the end

.25 cool-down

Felt good! Woo-hoo!

That's awesome! I love what you said there -- I planned my run and ran my plan. That's part of the mental training that I've been reading about. More often than not we end up talking ourselves out of something instead of just saying, no this has already been decided. Of course we have to make adjustments and use common sense, but we can't wimp out for every little excuse either.

Good on you!

I finished half my run before the rain started. And I didn't feel like running in the rain. So, I ran 13 minutes - .83 miles, so 15.6 pace. Very good for me, but I have no idea how the last half would have affected my pace.

Tomorrow is a scheduled day off, but I'll go ahead and run if it's not raining.

I'm not going to be able to get a run in since my two "babysitters" (dh and oldest son) are away. If I was desperate, I'd put in a few miles and the other four would be okay on their own for a bit. But...I'm not desperate.;) I went to bed last "night" at 5 in the morning took a nap for a couple of hours. Still feeling Saturday's longer run. Hot here today. All good reasons to take a break.:D

It doesn't matter that you didn't run. You got out there and exercised, with the dogs to boot!

After a late afternoon/evening from H*LL, I about shot my alarm clock when it went off at 6:30 this morning. My early morning run wasn't about to happen -- I was totally exhausted. Instead of shooting it, I turned it off. I really wanted to push the snooze button, but....anyway, I ended up waking up at 7:50, which was 40 minutes before I had to leave to take my dd and her friend to horse camp for the rest of the week. I decide to throw some clothes on, drop them off, then go running. At 8:15 dd's friend informs me that she forgot socks and underwear. Ok....so we run to WalMart to get her some undies, then we stop at Wawa (think 7-11) to get some breakfast sandwiches and coffee and head off to the farm. We get there 20 minutes late only to find out that the instructor needs me to take her to her truck that her dh left somewhere when he got picked up for work this morning.

OUCH! I hope your dh gets that piece of wood out. Those things hurt!

What a a morning you've had. And taking friend to get new undies, what a good friend you are too! Kudos to you!

I did a "speed run" this morning. I timed 2 miles and really pushed myself - 17 minutes - in the REALLY bad humidity. I was pretty happy with it. Then, I was going to do my strength training video, but the stove repair man showed up on the early end of the time estimate! I've never had that happen before! I'll do the strength training later today. Promise!

Great 2 miles! I love it when the repair people show up on time! Friends of ours were expecting delivery of a dining table set one Saturday from 8-12. The delivery truck showed up at 7:30 am! They had a houseful of girls for a sleepover at the time.

.25 warm-up

1 mile easy

.25 cool-down

Felt good! Woo-hoo!

Great job!

Good job, Cheryl! Have you been to http://www.runthere.com? You can put in your route and it measures the mileage for you, so you can know ahead of time how far you need to go OR you can put in your route when you get home and find out how far you went. It calculates your pace for you too. Cool site!

I wonder if it works when you are on a trail? That's my problem is that I run on trails. I use http://www.usatf.org/routes/index.asp, especially when I was mapping out long runs for my marathon. But running through the woods really make sit hard to map it.

I need to run the trails b/c the dog is afraid of cars! Last October a garbage truck drove by and freaked him out. He ended up tripping me. I hobbled home, got dd to call dh who took me to the ER for 3 stitches in my knee. Not fun. Not an experience I want to repeat either! I still can't believe no one offered me a ride or even a phone call. Wouldn't you stop to see what was wrong if you saw a woman with blood running down her leg?

I woke up with a killer headache...same one I went to bed with last night. Probably from that drive to Tulsa and the flat tire on the side of the Expressway in 100 degree weather. Anyway, I told dh I couldn't run because of my pounding head, but we got up and walked almost 2 miles anyway.

You're brave. I would take off for a pounding headache. I hope it goes away!

I finished half my run before the rain started. And I didn't feel like running in the rain. So, I ran 13 minutes - .83 miles, so 15.6 pace. Very good for me, but I have no idea how the last half would have affected my pace.

Tomorrow is a scheduled day off, but I'll go ahead and run if it's not raining.

Running in the rain can be fun. But not a tropical storm!

Good job getting a little in this morning!

I'm not going to be able to get a run in since my two "babysitters" (dh and oldest son) are away. If I was desperate, I'd put in a few miles and the other four would be okay on their own for a bit. But...I'm not desperate.;) I went to bed last "night" at 5 in the morning took a nap for a couple of hours. Still feeling Saturday's longer run. Hot here today. All good reasons to take a break.:D

Take a break. I think you probably need the sleep!

That's awesome! I love what you said there -- I planned my run and ran my plan. That's part of the mental training that I've been reading about. More often than not we end up talking ourselves out of something instead of just saying, no this has already been decided. Of course we have to make adjustments and use common sense, but we can't wimp out for every little excuse either.

Good on you!

Thanks, Donna, for the encouragement! I definitely felt like wimping out when I realized that my last hard push was up a hill, but I thought, "I said I was going to do this, and I'm going to do this!" :)

I wonder if it works when you are on a trail? That's my problem is that I run on trails. I use http://www.usatf.org/routes/index.asp, especially when I was mapping out long runs for my marathon. But running through the woods really make sit hard to map it.

I need to run the trails b/c the dog is afraid of cars! Last October a garbage truck drove by and freaked him out. He ended up tripping me. I hobbled home, got dd to call dh who took me to the ER for 3 stitches in my knee. Not fun. Not an experience I want to repeat either! I still can't believe no one offered me a ride or even a phone call. Wouldn't you stop to see what was wrong if you saw a woman with blood running down her leg?

My husband would say, "But was the dog o.k.?" :glare:

My friend and I met up tonight as a storm was brewing nearby (we thought it was headed away from us, but no), so we ended up only being out about 20 min. We ran like crazy on the way home--trying to outrun the lightning!

I jumped in the car to go get my husband, who was out in it on his bike, and much farther away than we were.

All is well now.

Chelle