Menu

What new curriculum is coming

mom2agang

Doodling Dragons and the new Phonics program from LOE is out. / Brave Writer : Julie Bogart is working on new writing curriculum for younger children too. I love listening to her podcasts on the Brave Writer website and the emails too. / And Jill Dixon is working on British Literature Study as well as part 2 of Reading With The Best : American Literature. Co-ops and Private programs are also starting up using her programs. I am interested in her Diagnostic tests. Susan W. Bauer's new book is available for pre order now!

Apologia is coming out with a chemistry and physics book for their Young Explorers Series. I've been waiting for them to release this book, but of course science is the one subject I've already purchased for next year. :rolleyes: I found out about it's release two weeks after I ordered next year's science. I think it will be out in June (according to CBD).

Apologia is coming out with a chemistry and physics book for their Young Explorers Series. I've been waiting for them to release this book, but of course science is the one subject I've already purchased for next year. :rolleyes: I found out about it's release two weeks after I ordered next year's science. I think it will be out in June (according to CBD).

This is one I'm waiting to take a look at. I want to combine chem and physics for our 6th grade year and I'm eager to see if this will fit the bill.

Thanks TGHEALTHYMOM. I actually am using her writing this year.We really enjoy it. I think Im going to get that for my son.

You are most welcome! I am glad to hear of a good review on here about her writing program. I keep see sawing on whether to try it or not. I think that I will get year 1. I am a writing junkie this year. My oldest don't like anything...well IEW that is!

Here is a link: http://www.edudps.com/read-with-the-best.html Her curriculum is also on CBD for a better look at the cover and some searching. I think she is running late on the British Lit. Study. I don't need it yet, but I am looking at the Scratch and Dent sale to load up!

Hey! Thanks! I have both volumes of write with the best, but didn't know about this.

What about grade 4?

It's hopefully going to be out by end of December or beginning of January. I'm writing the K and grade 3 programs simultaneously right now, and I'll start the 4th grade program in the fall. I try to do as much as I can over the summer, especially since I'll have a 9th grader in the fall - I have no idea what my writing schedule will look like! My goal is to get the 4th grade done in the fall so I can work on grade 7 in the winter/spring. I'll probably have 8th grade done next summer.

It's hopefully going to be out by end of December or beginning of January. I'm writing the K and grade 3 programs simultaneously right now, and I'll start the 4th grade program in the fall. I try to do as much as I can over the summer, especially since I'll have a 9th grader in the fall - I have no idea what my writing schedule will look like! My goal is to get the 4th grade done in the fall so I can work on grade 7 in the winter/spring. I'll probably have 8th grade done next summer.

I'm excited that you're working on a K program. Can't wait to see it :)

are you able to tell us a preview or overview of what it'll focus on? thank you so much!

I'm excited that you're working on a K program. Can't wait to see it :)

are you able to tell us a preview or overview of what it'll focus on? thank you so much!

The K program will focus on World Geography - specifically the 7 continents. I have a stack of lovely picture books to sort through as well as a few gentle chapter books, and I'm working on a guide book to tour through the continents. The science focus would be animals and different ecosystems around the world. It will all be very gentle and fun!

Do you have a link for any info on the new Apologia programs? I looked on their webiste and CBD and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

There's a new middle school writing curriculum coming out in July: http://www.coverstor...om/lessons.html. Not sure what I think yet.

I have been looking at this as well. I am very curious and my dd wants to try it. Wish there were some samples?

I know Geography Matters has a new Ancient History curriculum coming out.

Journeys to the Ancient World