Menu

Awkward moment of the day

SquirrellyMama

Uh...I think my oldest child is going to have that issue. I kept a scrapbook for the cats when they were young because I was young and had time. And DD's baby book includes a lot of detail about the pregnancy (I was having ultrasounds done weekly, and keeping an elaborate journal because this was a high risk pregnancy after losing a baby.).

And then she was born, and the pictures are all in files on my computer. Many, many of them, but not terribly sorted, and mixed with things like photos of home repairs in progress.

There is also a stack of craft projects and early writing attempts from her preschool years on top of the refrigerator that I keep meaning to sort and scan. The kid is 8. I will say I've done better at that now that we're homeschooling, but for all those years of cute little things from Mothers Day Out, Preschool, Sunday School and the like-well, they're on the refrigerator!

That's hilarious.

I had no idea people put together albums for pets LOL.

My awkward moment for today was having to ask a kid if I could borrow some deoderant. He uses a roll-on, and doesn't even like drinking after people.

I'm not sure which whigs him out more, that we "shared" or that for the rest of the day he'll know we're smelling like the same cotton freshness.

Nothing says Awesome like walking around smelling the same as a middle-aged woman.

Well not of the day. But man could it be if someone besides me helps youngest with reading.

He remembers a "p" says "p" because it hangs down like a penis. So when trying to figure out if it's a "p" or "b" or "d" he might mumble, "hangs down, ... penis ... P"

He also came up with other penis related rules for telling "d" from "b". I could easily be embarrassed if someone helps him read besides me.

Well not of the day. But man could it be if someone besides me helps youngest with reading.

He remembers a "p" says "p" because it hangs down like a penis. So when trying to figure out if it's a "p" or "b" or "d" he might mumble, "hangs down, ... penis ... P"

He also came up with other penis related rules for telling "d" from "b". I could easily be embarrassed if someone helps him read besides me.

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: That is one of the funniest things I've ever read here.

:w00t: :svengo: :smilielol5:

That is even better!

He couldn't keep track of the difference between p, b, and d. I tired the various recommended mentions. I thought that at least the "penis" mention would take the p (or is that pee) out of the equation.

And for those curious. If you look down you see your penis and then your balls. In other words you see the line of the b and then the Balls.

If you look down and except to see your balls then your penis, well you are dumb. (The letter d is a ball then a stick. or in other words the balls then the penis.)

He couldn't keep track of the difference between p, b, and d. I tired the various recommended mentions. I thought that at least the "penis" mention would take the p (or is that pee) out of the equation.

And for those curious. If you look down you see your penis and then your balls. In other words you see the line of the b and then the Balls.

If you look down and except to see your balls then your penis, well you are dumb. (The letter d is a ball then a stick. or in other words the balls then the penis.)

I think that is hilarious but not something I would have taught my boy. If I had taught him that I would have been doing a lot of explaining to everyone because he would have let everyone know. He cannot be trusted with info like this.

Very clever :)

If ever there was something for the "Thank goodness they're homeschooled" thread, this is it! :lol: