Menu

We are overrun with scorpions. PIC added!!

Remudamom

Those are the same ones we have. I shoved cut up pieces of steel wool into the weep holes around the foundation. You can also blow boric acid into the weepholes to ward off all sorts of pests. We don't have them in the attic, though. That would freak me right out if they dropped through the vents.

I second the diatomaceous earth suggestion. We had lots in an old house and that is what helped the most. I found out the hard way that I am allergic to their venom. I have been stung twice and the second time nearly ended up in the ER.

I assume by "Midwest" you don't mean Michigan, right??? Because if they ever made their way here, I would be moving to Alaska or Canada--far, far away from scorpions. Yeck! I saw one once when I was in Mexico on a mission trip. I didn't sleep so well the rest of the trip.

:svengo: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :svengo:

The only thing I can suggest is :smash: .

Oh my dear goodness the only thing I can think of that might be worse is a snake invasion.

Faith

You and me, both! I was walking in my garage one day when I saw a big, black snake near the back of the garage. I screamed bloody murder and made the neighbors come running. That was 5 years ago. I am still nervous about going into my garage.

We once lived in an apt. filled with cockroaches, but scorpions seems much worse! You are very brave!

I was pretty creeped out originally, but I honestly think I'd take scorpions over roaches any day. It's still pretty awful. For me, mice are the most feared creatures, and I do live in a region where you can get them. I'VE SEEN A FEW in this house over the last 11 years. I threw such a big baby fit that my family took care of everything for me. I scream like a six-year-old. I can go 2-3 years without seeing one, but when we get a cold winter I just know they're gonnatry to move in. ::shudder::

Uh, uh, gulp... :svengo: . I was just feeling ever so weary of our unending winter and grumbling about living where it is the second half of March and we still have several billion feet of snow on the ground (and another snowstorm on the way), but um, yeah. I think I'm good, thanks! The only thing I ever want blowing out of my vents is air, thank you very much! And thanks so much also for the photo; I'm all itchy now (which I know makes no sense :confused1: ).