Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

I'll try to pick up a test tomorrow. It may have to wait until tomorrow evening and then I'll take it Friday morning.

I keep trying to google my symptoms and I can't come up with anything that DOESN'T say pregnancy. DH says nothing except, "We'll figure it out.". *sigh*

We can't wait that long, woman!

Get a two pack of tests, then take one tonight and another one in the morning. Or just grab a few (pink dye) tests from the Dollar Tree.

Yes, yes, do this! Weeeeee're waaaaiting! :toetap05:

I'm tossing back water as fast as I dare! LOL.

It's been raining here the last 2 days. Rain, and rain, and more rain. Do you hear the waterfall? The canyon is a rushing, raging river. Do you hear all that water sloshing around? It's from all the rain! :D (ok, that's all I got)

So... I took one. And, I'm not sure. The control window lit up like a beacon so I'm pretty sure it's working. The window that says yay or nay, though? There is a faint faint faint line there. So faint that DH and I think it's possible that it's really just a shadow from these weird scratches on the plastic window of the test.

How possible is it that I drank so much water, so quickly that it would dilute the hCG so that it wasn't detected? And, I'm trying to google for more information on this, but I ran across a few sites saying that the hormones released from the Mirena can interfere with a home pregnancy test. Does that ring for truth?

I don't know about the interference, but I suppose it's possible. However, we will all be here bright and early tomorrow morning to see the results of test #2. :D

Doesn't Mirena work in a couple different ways? both hormonally and as an IUD? I think it's possible that you were pregnant, but aren't anymore as things didn't fully implant.

Or you could just have drank too much water. Try again in the morning (or when you've held it for at least 4 hours).

Is it a dollar tree test? I stopped getting those because of evaporation lines - they say you're pregnant if there's even a faint line, but in my case I either had half a dozen chemical pregnancies or they were just evap lines.

Color?? Where? The little line thingy? It was a faint faint blue. And now it's gone, but I'm reading the insert and it says that you can't trust what you see after 10 mins. So.... peeonastick.com, eh? LOL.

Yes, the line. If the line has any color, it's not an evap line....it's a positive result. Yes, peeonastick.com - everything you EVER wanted to know about pregnancy tests....and then some.

Guest submarines

Was the test line as thick as the control, or thinner? Blue dye tests are trickier than red dye. They sometimes have a thin blue line, which means a negative.

Blue dye tests are not as reliable for some reason. My favorite test is First Response Early Results.

In your shoes I'd go get a pregnancy blood test. That's what I did when I couldn't find my IUD strings and was a week late. (I wasn't pregnant. I found my strings the next day and my period started a few days later.)

I hope you get the answers you need.

Mirena is hormonal bc, right? I know that whenever I'm doing, well, anything at all with my bc- going on, going off, miss a pill, happen to glance at the pack funny when I'm in the room- I end up with symptoms like that. I don't know how many times I've thought I might be pregnant, and it turned out to be just hormonal stuff. If you do end up getting a negative, it could be something like that.