Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

I have a First Response test sitting in the cabinet in the bathroom.....wish I could send it to you in such a way that you would have it by morning, lol.

I was just thinking the same thing. I have about 20 of the plain little test strips (about 30 cents a piece on Amazon) sitting in my medicine cabinet waiting to be peed on. :-P Wish I could magically beam a couple your way!

I was just thinking the same thing. I have about 20 of the plain little test strips (about 30 cents a piece on Amazon) sitting in my medicine cabinet waiting to be peed on. :-P Wish I could magically beam a couple your way!

LOL! I used the last of my internet cheapies up awhile back!

I just had to say that I had two tests that were distinctly negative at the 3-minute mark, not even a hint of a shadow, nothing. I was absolutely sure both times that I was pregnant -- we'd been trying, and I'd been charting my temps and everything, and I was at 13 dpo. I was so devastated to be wrong. I tossed the tests in the trash and hopped in the shower. Looked at the tests about 20 minutes later -- and there were very, very faint lines, just barely there.

The results of those tests will be 8 and 11 this spring and are sleeping in their beds right now. :) (You'd think I'd have learned after DD and not assumed that DS1's test was actually negative. Apparently not. However, I did learn to wait until 14dpo to test for my two little boys, and it was such a relief when DS2's test was positive within a fraction of a second of me taking it. DS3's test looked wonky -- like, half positive. I waited a couple more days until about 16dpo and tested with a different type of test, which, even in the middle of the day, came up positive immediately, so dark that my lousy phone camera was able to take a pic of it and send it to DH, and he could see the positive line clearly.)

All that to say, faint can still likely be positive, but I'll be waiting to see what tomorrow's test says!

when I reached a certain age (mid 30's?) - those were my PMS symptoms. they lasted for several days and when they stopped, my cycle started.

mirena does have hormones so you could get a false positive. In your place, I'd call my gyn. the fact there is an IUD in is a concern if you are pregnant.

I ran across a few sites saying that the hormones released from the Mirena can interfere with a home pregnancy test. Does that ring for truth?

yes. I was so shocked to be pregnant at my age (and years of no conceptions), that I did LOTS of internet research on false test results. negatives are rarely false - unless it's too early. positives are almost always right - UNLESS you've been using hormone based BC, recently had a miscarriage or a few other more rare situations.

Mirena is hormone based BC, so yes, you could get a false positive. (you could also get a legitimate positive, but how would you know the difference?) a legitimate positive with an IUD needs to be seen by your dr ASAP.