Menu

Do I NEED a label maker?

delaney

YES!!! I bought a Brother P-touch a week before I started processing my many inbox piles and I can honestly say that the label maker is keeping me going. I love the way my file drawer is looking. And b/c it's a new toy and it is so quick and easy to use, I am making a label for every piece of paper I come across. :laugh: It's a bit obnoxious, but it's working. In addition to "normal" file names like auto insurance and medical records (by name), I have files for things like field trip ideas and dance. Even though there is only one piece of paper in the dance file listing days closed and payment info, it's there and filed instead of in one of my important piles.

I LOVE my label maker! :thumbup:

Yes, you need one. I've got a Brother P-Touch as well. Dh bought it for me after doing research for which model to buy for his work. At the time (mine is about 5-7 years old), he felt that the models that took TZ tape was the best option--I think the tape was the most economical with the best selection.

Several years ago DH bought a P-touch with a Christmas gift card. I picked on him relentlessly for buying it, because who needs a label maker?

And then I started using it... my tune has changed, and everyone now needs a label maker. I use it to keep our school area fairly organized, use it extensively in the kitchen to keep containers in the pantry labeled, and I also use it in the garden. It's so much easier to read the name of a plant when it's been printed out on a handy little sticker for you, versus a torn off piece of masking tape scribbled with sharpie.

But are you weakening from our peer pressure? Come on...all the cool kids have label makers! You can try mine. Just one label. What can it hurt? We won't tell anybody.

:sneaky2:

LOL! It takes a lot more for me to part with money on something that I am living fine without!! :laugh:

No, you don't NEED one.

I have a very organized house, everything has its place - and I have never owned, nor coveted, a label maker.

Then I guess I do since my house is completely unorganized! I got one at Staples and bought the one that uses the less expensive tape. I can see where it can get ridiculous. They even had it for 9.99 (instant savings of $20! Woot)