Menu

We lost our iPad

I've exhausted my looking here at the house/in car.

I thought I brought it home from church on Christmas Eve, in my purse, as I had my DS's little ornaments on it, kinda like a table in my purse. LOL.

The "find my iphone" app says it's still at church. I've tried to play a sound on it to locate it and that doesn't work here or there. I've looked at church TWICE and several people there have helped me.

I've looked in nooks and crannies. I've looked in our trash. In boxes. Under cushions. Under and beside beds. In between our homeschool books. In my closet. Basically everywhere but the oven. LOL.

I'm asking for good thoughts and prayers...for this fairly trivial and unfortunate but non life threatening situation. It's upsetting me to NO END. I'm in tears over this stupid iPad, and we USE the thing for school several days a week, and I use it for my writing.

So, please, if you could spare a prayer, I'd appreciate it. :( Kind hard to replace it right now when we need a "new" used van, new tires, and a repair on the other car.

Praying! The same thing happened with us with my daughter's kindle recently. I had all but given up when the church called saying someone turned it in. They only told us that it was found in a room she would never have gone in. We'rethinking a bathroom or cleaning closet?. They think someone started to turn it in and forgot about it. It was gone for two weeks, but we finally found it. Hopefully, you'll find yours again as well. Maybe you can post lost signs at church?

Oh, thank you, thank you, homeschooling comrades. And, amy in ks...wow! That was a blessing you got that back. I worry when we take it to church, but I allow it because my husband and I do music ministry so we're there super early all the time, and well...when you have kids, it's a good thing to keep them occupied. I will try to spread the word, and perhaps a lost sign, if I can. I'm just wondering if the app is showing real time. UGH.

I'm just wondering if the app is showing real time. UGH.

The app has a time stamp on it. So it will say the location and the time last tracked.

I stay in a condo complex and the app is able to right down to the unit location. It actually shows pretty accurately where my home is.

Aw, that is awful! I will say that when I have used the "find my iPhone" app (even when it's just lost in the house because I constantly put it on silent and then the kids wander off with it...), the app is crazy good about dropping the dot right at the section of the house it was in. Once, the dot appeared in the back yard instead of the house and, sure enough, the phone was on the swing outside, right at the fence line. Anyway, run the app, zoom in to the max possible, then check every nook and cranny of the church where the dot is.

Oh, thank you, thank you, homeschooling comrades. And, amy in ks...wow! That was a blessing you got that back. I worry when we take it to church, but I allow it because my husband and I do music ministry so we're there super early all the time, and well...when you have kids, it's a good thing to keep them occupied. I will try to spread the word, and perhaps a lost sign, if I can. I'm just wondering if the app is showing real time. UGH.

It might be showing the last time the iPad was connected to the Internet?

AHH! I'm soooo relieved! Someone found it in another room (I think I'm losing my mind for I don't remember putting it in there AT ALL!)...and all is well with it. I say that Find My Iphone App is pretty close...just a small margin of error but it worked and showed us it was still at the church. THANK YOU to all for your thoughts and prayers over this. :hurray:

AHH! I'm soooo relieved! Someone found it in another room (I think I'm losing my mind for I don't remember putting it in there AT ALL!)...and all is well with it. I say that Find My Iphone App is pretty close...just a small margin of error but it worked and showed us it was still at the church. THANK YOU to all for your thoughts and prayers over this. :hurray:

so glad you found it :hurray:

I am so glad you found your iPad. What a relief for you. I get frustrated whenever anyone in our family is missing something. I always say that hide and seek is my least favorite game.

This morning I discovered that the combination lock that I take to the gym was missing. I found it on the locker that I used when I was there on Friday. I was so relieved, and it was something that can be replaced a lot easier than something like your iPad. :laugh: