Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

I personally couldn't make it through Watership Down. I never read it in school & tried reading it a few years ago when my dc were reading it for a book club they were in. I found it really boring. (But, then again, 'animal' stories are not really my thing either.) I know many love it, but I can't figure out why....

I've never read Roots.

If you library carries both books, I'd go ahead & donate them. If you ever get the itch to read them, you can just borrow them from the library.

Watership Down is probably one of my favorite novels ever. I think it just caught me at the right age, with the right frame of mind. I read it first in 5th grade, and commenced a campaign to make my family and friends call me "Hazel" after one of the main characters. I was unsuccessful. I read it again as an adult. Just as good. It's the kind of novel you can read for hours and not want to stop.

Watership Down is my 13 yr olds favorite book! She's actually getting the nicest edition I could find for Christmas (it was on her list). Dh first read it to the girls when they were about 8 and 10 (he had to explain a lot but they loved that too) and they still talk about it and re-read it on their own. They get something more out of it everytime they read it.

Hmmm. Well, maybe I'll put Roots at the top of my list and then give it a week and see how it goes. If I'm just not feeling it, I'll donate it right away. I looked up Watership Down and read the wiki. I don't think it's something I'll be able to get into at all, tbh. I thumbed through a few pages in the beginning of the book and nothing caught my attention, either. I think it's destined for the Goodwill pile this weekend.

The whole series of Roots was on this weekend on BET. I watched it!