Menu

How can I get rid of the bottom popup?

creekland

Update on post 20... hopefully this will soon be fixed.

I REALLY need to know how to kill that bottom popup of "related" topics. It will drive me from this board. Please tell me there is a way...

I've tried the "x" to close it and it just comes back again on the next page I look at.

I've also had a larger one come up that says "download now." Uh, yeah, Iike I'm going to hit that...

I'm tolerant enough that if some of you like the popup feel free to enjoy it, but for me? There's NO WAY IN THE WORLD I'd ever consider it a good idea... and IT MUST go or I WILL go.

So again, please tell me how to get rid of it from my screen and never have it come back.

Ok, I clicked on the "T" to the left of the popup and it allowed me to disable "Topic Torch," so I THOUGHT all was well, but I'm still getting popup ads in the middle, bottom of my screen. Right now I have one that says "You are missing the plugin to watch the video - upgrade." Oh darn. And to think WE DON'T WATCH videos on this computer because our connection out in the hinderlands is too slow - but of course - I must upgrade... because I need to watch THIS video ad.

To say I am a bit angry that this popup option has been added is an understatement.

Guest inoubliable

You're barking up the wrong tree. At some point, you or someone who uses your computer, installed something from Yontoo. Topic Torch is a spyware program by Yontoo. It's not something to do with the new WTM site. Go to Uninstall Programs and uninstall Yontoo. HTH.

You're barking up the wrong tree. At some point, you or someone who uses your computer, installed something from Yontoo. Topic Torch is a spyware program by Yontoo. It's not something to do with the new WTM site. Go to Uninstall Programs and uninstall Yontoo. HTH.

I agree. This is not a forum issue, it's a personal computer issue.

Ah, thanks (to more than just the poster I've quoted). Our computer hard drive died last week and we just got it back with a new one installed. I'd been using our other computer up until this morning.

The weird thing is it only happened on the WTM site - not college confidential, news, weather, e-mail, e-bay, Craigslist or anything else I'd looked at this morning. Hence, why I assumed it was another update with this site... It still doesn't happen anywhere else.

Otherwise, we use Firefox with a popup blocker...

I'm going to let hubby uninstall whatever he needs to uninstall. This is his "work" baby. He's been installing work stuff.