Menu

Thinking of selling my Bosch mixer am I nuts?

nukeswife

I've had it for about 2 years now. I almost never use it because when I make bread/pizza dough it's never more than a loaf or two of bread or a couple of crusts and it's just easier to use my kitchenaid artisan (yes I have both).

I never make whole wheat anything so that's not a concern. I used to use the blender a bit, but have a magic bullet so the kids prefer to use that.

I love my apple green kitchenaid. I hate making cake mixes in the bosch because it isn't as easy to empty the bowl with the center post in it. I liked it for cookies until it broke the cookie paddles on a recipe I'd made many times already. the paddles are simply plastic and just didn't hold up.

I've thought of selling it and then I can get a food processor which I don't have . I did borrow a friends attachment for the bosch and it was ok, but it seems dumb to keep the bosch just to buy the food processor piece for it.

I'm just not sure what to do.

I have a KA and a Bosch. I sure do wish my cobalt blue KA was apple green!

NO comparison IMO. The Bosch has a MUCH stronger engine. When I bought mine YEARS ago I did my research and found out that a majority of new Bosch customers were KA burnouts. i'd get rid of the bullet and the KA and find/make a really cool, decirative cover for the ugly Bosch. :)

I have a KA and a Bosch. I sure do wish my cobalt blue KA was apple green!

NO comparison IMO. The Bosch has a MUCH stronger engine. When I bought mine YEARS ago I did my research and found out that a majority of new Bosch customers were KA burnouts. i'd get rid of the bullet and the KA and find/make a really cool, decirative cover for the ugly Bosch. :)

The problem isn't that it's ugly. The reason I don't use is I mostly make cakes and cookies and don't like the center post bowl. I HATE trying to get cake batter out of the thing. I can scrape my artisans bowl to the point it almost looks like I didn't use it.

Every time I need to use a mixer I immediately go for the KA even though the bosch is sitting right next to it on the counter.

Now if I was making all of our bread then it would be a better option I think, but I make bread maybe once every other month and then it's only a small batch of white rolls or a couple pizza crusts. My recipes generally call for 4C flour or less.

Ok now that I typed all that out. I think selling it would be best. So how much do I ask for it is the next question. It's about 18-24 months old. Was bought new and has been used about a dozen times. It also has the blender attachment. I do have the cookie paddles too, although one of the prongs to hold one of them on the hub broke so it's a little loose.

The problem isn't that it's ugly. The reason I don't use is I mostly make cakes and cookies and don't like the center post bowl. I HATE trying to get cake batter out of the thing. I can scrape my artisans bowl to the point it almost looks like I didn't use it.

Every time I need to use a mixer I immediately go for the KA even though the bosch is sitting right next to it on the counter.

Now if I was making all of our bread then it would be a better option I think, but I make bread maybe once every other month and then it's only a small batch of white rolls or a couple pizza crusts. My recipes generally call for 4C flour or less.

Ok now that I typed all that out. I think selling it would be best. So how much do I ask for it is the next question. It's about 18-24 months old. Was bought new and has been used about a dozen times. It also has the blender attachment. I do have the cookie paddles too, although one of the prongs to hold one of them on the hub broke so it's a little loose.

I don't know what you should sell it for. Maube price compare for used on on Ebay? Make sure you tell prospective buyers that it was only used a dozen times.

Sell it if you're not enjoying it. I compared the two and went with a Bosch because it had better reviews and I wanted something I could grow into if I decided to Do more bread in the future. I love it! I have yet to use it for bread, but I've used it for cookies many times. Anyway, I'm a firm believer in not keeping things you dOn't enjoy. As for price, I bought mine for $150+ship. It also has the blender and cookie paddles, but was used a little more than yours.

I don't have the cookie paddles so when I make cookies, I just use the wire whips to mix the butter, sugar and eggs. Then I put the dough hook on to mix in the flour, chips etc. It's worked great for me for years now so I'm glad I saved the money and never bought the cookie paddles.

Sell it.

I love my Bosch. I have the food processor attachment. I'm a KA refugee, but I make bread in mine. I double and triple batch cookies. I rarely make cakes. If I make cake I'm more likely to pull out a bowl and a whisk.

If the Bosch does not fit your lifestyle, don't keep it! There's no reason to make something work. Pass it on and use the money for something that works for you.