Menu

Where to find jeans for tall, skinny guys?

Wendi

Ds17 is a 30X34 or 30X36 depending on the cut. We've had good success at a local western wear store. He's also found a pair or two of Levis in those sizes at the mall - I believe in JCPenny.

Tall and thin is not easy to fit that's for sure.

ETA - we've also found 29X34 and 29X36 at the Western store.

Thanks, y'all! Keep the suggestions coming. Old Navy online doesn't seem to have anything in his size, but we could try the store. We have AE in our mall, as well as JCP. So I'll check those out. I'm not sure if our western store has skinny jeans; I've only ever looked there for boots and clothes for me. :-)

Wranglers at some western wear store. A wrangler comes in a lot of different cuts so it doesn't have to look western, but they come in a really wide range of sizes. All of my brothers and boys have worn them because they come skinny and long.

I've never had a problem finding that size at JCPenney. Levis or Arizona carry that size normally.

My brother is 28x34. Now that's hard to find. Not impossible, just hard. If your local store doesn't carry it, just ask them to order a pair (or two) in especially for him. The company usually has them, the store decides if its worthwhile to carry.

Thanks, y'all! Keep the suggestions coming. Old Navy online doesn't seem to have anything in his size, but we could try the store. We have AE in our mall, as well as JCP. So I'll check those out. I'm not sure if our western store has skinny jeans; I've only ever looked there for boots and clothes for me. :-)

I was going to say Old Navy and American Eagle too. I found several 30x34 jeans on Old Navy's website??

Another vote for Lands End... you can order at Sears for free shipping anytime (or wait for a coupon by email, if you're on their list). But when you order pants, you choose the waist size and then tell them how long you want them to be. They do dress pants & jeans. Handy dandy!

Oh, and we also found out (my husband is relatively thin & he's got long, skinny male relatives) that it helps to talk to the sales clerks about when they get shipments in. The more unusual sizes sell our quickly, particularly on the thin end because the teenagers snap them up so quickly.

:)

Anabel

I've never had a problem finding that size at JCPenney. Levis or Arizona carry that size normally.

My brother is 28x34. Now that's hard to find. Not impossible, just hard. If your local store doesn't carry it, just ask them to order a pair (or two) in especially for him. The company usually has them, the store decides if its worthwhile to carry.

That's where my ds is headed. Sigh. He's wearing 28x32, with a belt to hold them up, but that length's time is borrowed. Every once in awhile I'll actually find a pair that fit him at Kohls, but I usually have to pass. They don't tend to mark them down, and he grows too fast to pay that much for them.

I've pretty much given up shopping IRL for him. We don't have a western wear place around here, or I'd give it a try.

Thanks, y'all. I think I'll take him out to try some jeans on today. One of the problems is that he only likes skinny jeans, except for his one pair of boot cut jeans that he wears with his cowboy boots when he rides. And even on the Levi's website, many of the styles were not available in 30x34. So we'll try Old Navy, AE, and Aeropostale today.

Guest inoubliable

Thread steal here: a similar issue to the tall-skinny-guy-jeans, where do you find shoes for their long, skinny feet? Without spending $150 (especially since they grow out of them in a couple months). Thanks!

Converse.

Guest inoubliable

Thanks, y'all. I think I'll take him out to try some jeans on today. One of the problems is that he only likes skinny jeans, except for his one pair of boot cut jeans that he wears with his cowboy boots when he rides. And even on the Levi's website, many of the styles were not available in 30x34. So we'll try Old Navy, AE, and Aeropostale today.

Good luck! I think you'll find something at Old Navy. Our local ON had a TON of stuff this weekend, sitting in piles on carts. They must be getting in new stock daily for the holiday shopping crowds.

Now, I'm in Canada, but I have two guys in 28-34 and some of them are too short. Here Old Navy doesn't even start to cut it. Bootlegger is where I've had the most luck with a few 30-34 Levi's at other places. Recently I was at a Big and Tall shop that had a few 30-36s available. That's going to be our next stop.

I always just start with the sales people and ask for help. They know if we're wasting our time in their shop or not. And yes, I've tried to find pants in MI but haven't found a good place yet. I'll have to try American Eagle or Aeropostale.

They both eat well, but I wish they'd put on a size or two.