Menu

What are your 4-7 yo girls getting for Christmas?

We are doing everything to keep costs down this year so I am making most of it myself and this is what dd7 is getting:

a homemade apron (she loves to cook),

a homemade fleece blanket (the fabric is SO cute!),

a homemade hooded towel since she has outgrown her other towel,

homemade felt food,

homemade juggling balls (she has always wanted to learn how to juggle),

homemade play dough,

and some homemade candies

- are you sensing the homemade theme yet?

DD is 4.5 and most of her "Christmas Money" has already been spent. We were at Disney for a week and she got a new dress from us as well as the princess makeover. I also got tickets for her and I to go see The Nutcracker since it's something my mom and I went to every year. She's also really into ballet and my hometown has an amazing production of it. Therefore for Christmas she'll have several smaller things to open. A new ballet skirt, a couple of books, beads and string because she is really into making her own jewelery, and a Melissa and Doug spelling / letter set. I'm also planning on getting lots of arts and craft supplies (paint, stickers, paper, crayons) and splitting them between the kids to open since they'll all go in the communal art supply station.

Faith is getting a Calico Critter family and two Lil Woodzees furniture sets from Target.

I'm also making her a couple play skirts and matching hair bands, along with some crocheted slippers.

She hasn't asked for anything else, so I'll probably toss in a couple story books and another simple surprise or two for fun.

My 4yo will be getting some accessories for her wooden train set (tunnel, extra track, windmill, etc.). She's consistently played with that thing for 2 years. She'll also be getting several stuffed animals that are mostly beanie baby sized. Between stuffed animals and her train, that is about 85% of her play. She's also getting a Schliech penguin, some hotwheels, puzzles, coloring books, and a quilt from Grandma.

And the best part is that I'm DONE except for stocking candy!

Emma is getting a play kitchen by Kidkraft, and all the goods to go with it. She will also get a 3DS XL like her brother, because I know it will be a battle if she doesn't. She will be getting a Fisher Price Kid Tough digital camera, as will her brother since it is the same deal at the 3DS he will be upset if he doesn't get one. ( His big toy in place of the kitchen is a guitar, and DVD lessons for now. ) They are only 21 months a part and act more like twins. LOL

My 4.5yo is getting new snowshoes, a Little Pim Chinese set, a couple of dollar rack movies, some board games, slippers, and a bunch of books from me. From my parents she is getting a big trunk for her playclothes, and a bunch of playclothes to fill it with, along with a doll. Her stocking is going to be cooking themed and contain some mini-sized cooking implements and baking supplies. Santa has not decided what he's bringing yet. Maybe more dressup clothes or some dressup jewelery.

My kids like the little jeweled mozaic art projects, so they are getting some of those. I am also planning on getting them new school backpacks. I need to look into some DS games and movie DVDs to upgrade their existing collection.

One also asked for a "boy barbie" and a cheerleader's outfit. The other says she only wants candy. (She's a little obsessed with sugar!) I think these requests can be satisfied.

I also have a few books for them, of course.

Dd1(7.5) is getting Heeleys (those shoes with skate wheels on them), a new fuzzy blanket for her bed, a drawing book and some really cool colored pencils made from actual tree branches, scrabble game, and something for her riding lessons (I'm thinking a lead rope and/or a saddle pad for 'her' horse).

Dd2(4.5) is getting a razor scooter, skates, a fuzzy blanket, make up, twister game...and I would like to find one more smallish craft-type thing, but I'm not sure what yet.

Dd3(2) is getting a water table, her sisters balance bike (she's never seen it, we lent it to a friend when dd2 grew out of it, and are just now getting it back), and some play doh.

They will all get some PJs and some clothes, socks, panties, ect. They will also get stocking with toothbrushes, Chapstick, some candy, hair bows, ect.

Dd, who will be 4 on Dec. 5th, will be getting homemade dresses and skirts, some cute black boots, Zoo Duplo blocks, Playdough and a playdough playset from us. Other family is getting her the Brave costume, bow and arrow, and movie, some other clothes, and dot paints with dot paint activity books.

6 yr old is getting: scratch art paper, My Little Pony toys, magnetic paper dolls, plush My Little Pony. I know she's getting from others: mini sewing machine, dvds, stuffed unicorn, Brave dvd/Merida doll

4 yr old is getting: pirate ship toy (Jake & the neverland pirates), plush MLP, dvds. I know she's getting from others: League of Incredible Vegetables figures/dvd

Both girls are getting to share: Castle Logix, Camelot Jr. and a few other logic games

My almost 6 year old DD is getting Kit, some A/G clothes, and Grace (Kit's dog)--I scored these like new off Craigslist

The Ikea doll bed, and some books. I'm hoping to find a deal on Littlest Petshop Fairies so that she'll have a decent number of presents under the tree. Oh, and she wants a weather chart from Santa (???)

Christine