Menu

Ack! Cranberry Sauce, where is my recipe?

SJ.

Open can. Pour into bowl. Serve. :D

Me too. I have tried several cranberry sauce recipes over the years and I didn't really like any of them better than the "whole" cranberry sauce in the can.

I do really like the cranberry sauce that Trader Joe's sells but I forgot to buy it this year. :(

I don't like all the extra stuff in cranberry sauce. This is the one I made this afternoon:

3/4 c water

1 c sugar

1/4 tsp salt

12 oz cranberries

Bring water, sugar, and salt to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add cranberries and simmer about 5 min. until most of the cranberries pop.

1 bag cranberries, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water. Boil until cranberries pop, chill, serve.

You can grate an orange (fruit and zest) into it if you, unlike me, have no citrus allergies in the family.

Mine is similar, except I use 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar, and OJ instead of water. My kids love this recipe.

Cranberry sauce

oh- just some humor. I was making cranberry sauce last night and pulling cranberries out of the freezer. I had one bag marked 5 cups 09. they looked strange, so I thought it was the age. only after I made cranberry sauce did I realize they were cherries. well, thickened up a bit it should work for people who like cherry sauce on cheesecake.