Menu

News on my chihuahua - :(

I had to put my little Peanut down today. I had decided last week that I just wasn't ready, and she was still having some perky times.

Well, she seemed to be doing even worse with her bladder over the last few days, and this morning she had pooped all in her crate. I had her out while I cleaned all her stuff, and she was really wobbly. Coming back in the house she was wobbling badly, then she just fell over. That was just the last straw. I called the vet and took her in.

They asked a lot of questions, checked her over, and agreed it was time. I stayed with her til the end and cried like a baby.

I just don't think it'll ever get easier to put an animal down. Even when I really feel like it's the right thing, I still have so much guilt over choosing to end their lives. :(

:grouphug::grouphug: I am so, so sorry. You just know when it is time, and you knew. You did the right thing. :grouphug::grouphug:

I know what you are going through, we have done it twice in the last 2 years, and it is still so hard for me to think of getting another dog. I want one, but I don't know if I can bear that pain again. It is horrible to lose part of the family.

I am so sorry about your little Peanut. :( :grouphug: