Menu

Seeking a really yummy lemon cake recipe

I know I can google and find MANY, but I really like asking for recipes here so I know they are tried and true.

I would really like a pretty bundt cake with a glaze (lots of glaze!) that is super lemony. Nothing too hard though. ;) Could contain poppy seeds or blueberries, too. But want a lemon base.

TIA!

I love lemon cake! This is my favorite - very easy and tastes great. You can freeze it, too! I have always made it in a 9 x 13 pan, but I don't see why you couldn't make it in a bundt pan.

Lemon Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix

1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin

3/4 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

3/4 cup water

Frosting

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1/2 cup lemon juice

1 Combine gelatin mix and cake mix. Mix well.

2 Add next 3 ingredients - oil, eggs and water. Mix lightly.

3 Bake according to instructions on back of cake box.

4 To Make Frosting: Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.

5 When cake is done, and while still hot, ice with frosting.

The most important thing is the glaze! The cake will never be very lemony on its own.

I made one from Marcy Goldman's Key Lime Bundt cake, with part lemon, that was quite nice, I didn't intend to put the cream cheese frosting but then a chunk of the cake stuck to the pan;I can't find the recipe online.... I sent it to work with my husband and it seemed popular, and it was a nice, big cake, but this one from King Arthur Flour looks good

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/lemon-bliss-cake-recipe

I know I can google and find MANY, but I really like asking for recipes here so I know they are tried and true.

I would really like a pretty bundt cake with a glaze (lots of glaze!) that is super lemony. Nothing too hard though. ;) Could contain poppy seeds or blueberries, too. But want a lemon base.

TIA!

This is not in a bundt and it's not very pretty to look at, but it is SUPER lemony with a ton of glaze. My family's favorite cake!

Sir Percy's Sticky Lemon Cake

This cake is quick to put together and VERY lemony...be sure to remove the cake from the bundt pan and drizzle with the lemon glaze while the cake is still very warm.:001_smile:

Lemon Cake

1 box yellow cake mix

1 small box lemon instant pudding

1/2 C vegetable oil

3/4 C apricot nectar

1/4 tsp salt

4 eggs

Mix all ingredients and pour into a well greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Cool cake briefly, remove cake from bundt pan, and coat cake generously with lemon glaze.

Lemon Glaze

2 1/2 C powdered sugar

1/3 C lemon juice

Mix the two ingredients together and drizzle over the warm cake.

Yum!:001_smile:

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened

1-1/2 cups sugar

3 eggs

2 tablespoons and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice

1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray mini bundt pans with non-stick spray.

2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice, peel and extract.

3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the Greek yogurt. Beat just until combined.

4. Pour into a greased pans. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.

Lemon Curd

Ingredients

3 lemons

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/4 pound unsalted butter, room temperature

4 extra-large eggs

1/2 cup lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)

1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions

Using a carrot peeler, remove the zest of 3 lemons, being careful to avoid the white pith. Put the zest in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the sugar and pulse until the zest is very finely minced into the sugar.

Cream the butter and beat in the sugar and lemon mixture. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt. Mix until combined.

Pour the mixture into a 2 quart saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened (about 10 minutes), stirring constantly. The lemon curd will thicken at about 170 degrees F, or just below simmer. Remove from the heat and cool or refrigerate.

Make the cakes hollow out the centers and fill it with this lemon curd and top with whip cream (home made) to die for!

I love lemon cake, too. :)

I've done something like this in the past. I wish I had the recipe; I don't know where I lost it. :( Anyway, if you use the lemon cake mix, that will be good. And i dropped the pudding in 'globs' around the cake, instead of drizzling it, like the recpice I linked said to do. That's nice, because you get the lemon cake, and then a pocket of lemon pudding goodness. It's YUMMY.

I made it in a 9X13 pan. Then I took a tub of cool whip and mixed it with a tub of lemon frosting, and frosted it with that. Yes, I could have made it more homemade/healthy. But whatever, it was delicious. :tongue_smilie:

Aaaaaand now I want lemon cake. :D

I don't have the exact recipe, but it's the details that are important. My Memaw makes this every Christmas. I believe it's an apricot nectar cake, but with a lot of lemon. She makes a basic yellow cake adding several Tbsp lemon juice and zest (don't know how much, I don't think she knows). Bake that, then after it's done, pour a can of apricot nectar over it and let the cake soak it in. Then, add a bunch of powdered sugar on top and a ton of lemon juice on top of that until you can't stop reaching for the fork.

Mine is yummy and only has 2 ingredients: car keys and a wad of cash.

Instructions: hop in car and drive to Starbuck's. Order 10 slices of their lemon pound cake. Enjoy!

Truly, several family members have strong feelings against lemon cake so this is what I do when I have a craving. One year I actually did buy 10 slices when I had some friends over for a birthday lunch! I asked to buy a whole loaf, but they only had it sliced.

All the posted recipes look good! I may just have to make a lemon cake at home this week...

It's not a bundt cake, but this:

Lemon Buttermilk Sheet Cake

is the best, best, best lemon cake I've ever had. So. Good. And I love that the lemon flavor in it is all natural--no fake lemon extract or lemon pudding or lemon gelatin that so many recipes call for.

Okay. You sold me! I will likely try several of these, but I am going to start with this one. The pictures are great.

Thanks to all who posted!! The sticky lemon one sounded really good, but I need a larger cake.

It's not a bundt cake, but this:

Lemon Buttermilk Sheet Cake

is the best, best, best lemon cake I've ever had. So. Good. And I love that the lemon flavor in it is all natural--no fake lemon extract or lemon pudding or lemon gelatin that so many recipes call for.

Made this today. Un.be.liev.able.

It is absolutely scrumptious! Highly recommend!!

this is our favorite sweet bread. use lemon extract instead of almond.

Poppy Seed Tea Bread

Course: Breakfast

Source: Dot Riefner

Ingredients

3 C flour

2 1/2 C sugar

1 1/2 t baking powder

1 t salt

3 eggs

1 1/2 C milk

1-1/8 C vegetable oil

1 1/2 T poppy seeds

1 1/2 t vanilla

1 1/2 t almond extract

1/4 C orange juice

3/4 C sugar

1/2 t vanilla

1/2 t almond extract

1/2 t vegetable oil

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour through extracts in order given with electric mixer. Pour better equally in three greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour. Remove onto racks over wax paper. Glaze while warm.

Glaze:

Melt orange juice through oil in a sauce pan. Cook about 3-5 min., stirring constantly until sugar is melted and well blended. Prick cakes with a toothpick and pour over top of each loaf.

Makes 3 loaves

and this is what we make instead of driving to Starbucks:

Sour Cream-Lemon Pound Cake

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 323

Fat: 29%

Cholesterol: 62mg

Sodium: 172mg

Carbohydrate: 53.4g

Fiber: 0.7g

Protein: 4g

Source: cooking light

We like a bit of butter in the icing to make a thicker icing.

This lightened version of a traditional sour cream pound cake calls for a reduced amount of butter and low-fat sour cream. It's citrusy flavor comes from fresh lemon juice, lemon rind and lemon extract in the batter and the sweet lemon glaze that's drizzled on top of the cake.

Cooking Light April 2000

Ingredients

Cooking spray

3 tablespoons breadcrumbs dry

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup butter softened

2 1/2 cups sugar

2 teaspoons lemon extract

3 eggs

1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 2 lemons)

1/4 cup lemon juice fresh divided

8 oz sour cream

1 cup powdered sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Try in 2 loaf pans. Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray, and dust with the breadcrumbs. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the granulated sugar and lemon extract, beating until well-blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; beat 30 seconds. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for less than 1 hour (and 10 minutes if bundt pan) or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

ICING

1-1/2 oz. cream cheese at room temperature

2 Tbs. unsalted butter at room temperature

3/4 cups confectioners' sugar

1-1/2 Tbs. lemon juice

Lemon Zucchini Loaf--I make it in a bundt pan! This is a great way to use zucchini and it's SO pretty, yellow and green. :)

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 eggs

1/2 c. oil

1 1/3 cups sugar

1/2 cup buttermilk

2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

zest of 1 lemon

1 cup (I do a heaping cup) of finely grated zucchini

Glaze:

2 cups powdered sugar

1 Tbsp lemon juice

3-4 Tbsp milk or buttermilk

Bake in greased/floured bundt pan @ 350 for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before drizzling generously with glaze!

Okay. You sold me! I will likely try several of these, but I am going to start with this one. The pictures are great.

Thanks to all who posted!! The sticky lemon one sounded really good, but I need a larger cake.

Made this today. Un.be.liev.able.

It is absolutely scrumptious! Highly recommend!!

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! It was a HUGE hit around here! :D

and this is what we make instead of driving to Starbucks:

Sour Cream-Lemon Pound Cake

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 323

Fat: 29%

Cholesterol: 62mg

Sodium: 172mg

Carbohydrate: 53.4g

Fiber: 0.7g

Protein: 4g

Source: cooking light

We like a bit of butter in the icing to make a thicker icing.

This lightened version of a traditional sour cream pound cake calls for a reduced amount of butter and low-fat sour cream. It's citrusy flavor comes from fresh lemon juice, lemon rind and lemon extract in the batter and the sweet lemon glaze that's drizzled on top of the cake.

Cooking Light April 2000

Ingredients

Cooking spray

3 tablespoons breadcrumbs dry

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup butter softened

2 1/2 cups sugar

2 teaspoons lemon extract

3 eggs

1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 2 lemons)

1/4 cup lemon juice fresh divided

8 oz sour cream

1 cup powdered sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Try in 2 loaf pans. Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray, and dust with the breadcrumbs. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the granulated sugar and lemon extract, beating until well-blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; beat 30 seconds. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for less than 1 hour (and 10 minutes if bundt pan) or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

ICING

1-1/2 oz. cream cheese at room temperature

2 Tbs. unsalted butter at room temperature

3/4 cups confectioners' sugar

1-1/2 Tbs. lemon juice

Yum! I'll have to try this one!

This cake is quick to put together and VERY lemony...be sure to remove the cake from the bundt pan and drizzle with the lemon glaze while the cake is still very warm.:001_smile:

Lemon Cake

1 box yellow cake mix

1 small box lemon instant pudding

1/2 C vegetable oil

3/4 C apricot nectar

1/4 tsp salt

4 eggs

Mix all ingredients and pour into a well greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Cool cake briefly, remove cake from bundt pan, and coat cake generously with lemon glaze.

Lemon Glaze

2 1/2 C powdered sugar

1/3 C lemon juice

Mix the two ingredients together and drizzle over the warm cake.

Yum!:001_smile:

:iagree:

This is the one!!! DH always requests it for his birthday and we even had it (layered and frosted) at our wedding as the groom's cake.

Mine is yummy and only has 2 ingredients: car keys and a wad of cash.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to try as many of these recipes as I can. :)

Here's the very easy Lemonade Cake I've been making for years. Family loves it.

LEMONADE CAKE

Bake a lemon cake as per box directions in 9X13 pan.

While it is baking, thaw a 6 oz can of frozen lemonade concentrate (If you can't find a 6 oz, use part of a large can).

Mix thawed lemonade concentrate with 1 cup powdered sugar.

Poke holes in top of cake while warm with a wooden spoon.

Pour lemonade concentrate/powdered sugar mix over warm cake and let it cool completely (I chilled mine in the fridge).

Frost with Cool Whip and garnish with slices of fresh lemon.

This is best when kept chilled. Very refreshing! Pretty tart but very tasty!

Edited by Negin in Grenada