Menu

Hello! Any experienced Disney World goers?

Nope. There really aren't any steep discounts, unless you can get the military tickets that they only offer on specific dates.

You can buy from http://www.undercovertourist.com and save a few bucks, we usually save about $10 total, I think.

But that's it. Any place or website offering a steeper discount is a scam.

It gets cheaper the more days you go. We usually pay a little over $800 ($900 maybe??) for 2 adults and 1 child, and get 8-10 day tickets.

The first five days are the most expensive. For every day you add on after the fifth day, it's only $10 per day. That's why we stay for two weeks and get 10 day park hoppers. The longer you stay, the cheaper it is...relatively speaking.

And there aren't many discounts out there at all. Whatever you do, do not buy tickets from anyone off ebay. You cannot verify that there are any days left on them....and most of the time, there aren't.

Uncover Tourist has them slightly cheaper, but that's it, really.

If you are only going for one day, I highly recommend you go to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party instead. It is a much better buy for your money.

You can enter the park at about 4 pm even though the ticket says 7 pm. The crowds are very low, virtually no wait time on the rides, and you get free candy!

I really believe you can see and do more on a special event night than you can by paying full price to go for the regular hours.

Keep in mind that a few attractions will not be open during the nighttime hours; just hit them during the afternoon. All the major attractions will be operating for the event.

We will be going to Disney World for 1 day during our October vacation. I just priced tickets for our family of 6. $510 plus tax. :001_huh: If I change it to 2 days it is $1,008 plus tax! Does anyone know of any discounts? Seriously, I can't even believe that!

Theme parks like Disney World and Universal are definitely geared toward multi-day vacations. If Disney as a full vacation is an option for you in the future, I would hold out for that. If it's not, then I would cringe and pay.

We always do Disney as a package (resort, tickets, food), and I nearly died when we added one day at Universal last year - it was a fourth of our entire week-long trip! But we don't plan on doing a Universal vacation, and we wanted the kids to experience Harry Potter World, so, yep, we paid it.

As others have noted, there are no tremendous discounts. Undercover Tourist is reliable and about as cheap as it gets.

There are YES program tickets:

http://www.disneyyouth.com/youth-education-series

you have to take a class to do those, which might not be what you want to do when you only have a couple of days, but the tickets are substantially discounted. They also start at 3 days, but it looks like a 3 day ticket is cheaper than the price you're getting for 2 days.....I'm coming up with just over $800 for 6 people.

ETA: oops....looks like they might not be letting individuals do this anymore. So maybe nevermind!

E(again)TA: here's the individual enrollment page. tickets a little more expensive than with groups: http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/

Edited by kokotg

My understanding is that those are in addition to reg admission

If you are only going for one day, I highly recommend you go to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party instead. It is a much better buy for your money.

You can enter the park at about 4 pm even though the ticket says 7 pm. The crowds are very low, virtually no wait time on the rides, and you get free candy!

I really believe you can see and do more on a special event night than you can by paying full price to go for the regular hours.

Keep in mind that a few attractions will not be open during the nighttime hours; just hit them during the afternoon. All the major attractions will be operating for the event.

Even though everything I had to say has already been said, I can't pass up a Disney thread! We are HUGE Disney fans here. when we were in CA last year, with one free day, we had to make this same decision - go to Disneyland or not. We decided that I would take the two youngest and the older two would go with dad for different activities. I still spent over $300 for the day.

We do what Dianne does - try to go when we can get the best bang for our buck. Stay as long as we can and get the 10 day passes, if possible.

I definitely second the suggestion for the Halloween party! When we did that we did not need tickets to the park for the day.

Any way you can swing a longer trip within 12 months of the one-day trip? Annual passes are a good deal if you will be there more than a certain number of days, plus you can often get hotel discounts with the AP. I don't know the current break-even point, but Mousesavers probably has figured it out.

Terri

We do the ten day tickets, too. Each additional day becomes significantly less expensive. For a large family, you may want to check out their new hotel, the animation hotel. It's a value resort and they offer family suites, that sleep more and include little kitchenettes and couches, and coffee makers for sleepy mamas. Click on discounts and offers on their website - you can get 30% rooms or free dining pretty frequently.

There's 4 separate parks there so be sure to check them out on the website and see which are the best fits for your family if you need to narrow it down to 2. Magic Kingdom is the iconic one. Animal Kindgom is our favorite. It includes Nemo and Lion Ling broadway-esque shows, an animal viewing safari ride, the biggest roller coaster, and a bone sandbox that's great for a mid-day breather. Hollywood Studios is movie related. Epcot deals with inventions and space and has a world showcase that is fun for foodies.

Happy trip! :001_smile:

Any way you can swing a longer trip within 12 months of the one-day trip? Annual passes are a good deal if you will be there more than a certain number of days, plus you can often get hotel discounts with the AP. I don't know the current break-even point, but Mousesavers probably has figured it out.

Terri

At Universal the annual passes are for the calendar year. You should check on this.

No, you can do the party only. But you don't have to wait until 7 pm to enter the park. They are set up to admit party goers in the afternoon.

Actually - in the past they've always let us in at 4pm. They start clearing the park of other guests at 7pm, though, so better have your wrist band :)