Menu

How do you store your markers, etc?

truebluexf

I keep mine in plastic storage boxes.

I have two ~3 qt. Sterlite containers for pencils & crayons and a ~7 qt. container for markers. They all hide inside the bread box portion of my dining hutch (which is right next to the table where we do school & stores all our materials, papers, workboxes - those green/black magazine boxes are for each subject).

ETA: I do have a plastic caddy with a handle (from the Target $ section) that I keep pencils, glue sticks & scissors in.

*for space, I'll remove the photo later today*

Photo55.jpg

I use an over-the-door shoe holder made out of clear plastic that I got at Walmart for about $6 for practically all my art supplies. I actually have 3 or 4 in my house - I use them not only for art supplies but also for small games and manipulatives, they are by far my favorite organizational tool. I also have one in my pantry. It is great, I can put child-friendly items lower so they are easily accessible and the "not" child friendly items out of reach.

Having to be frugal...we recycled a Blue Bunny ice cream container (it is plastic, not cardboard like most) and put crayons in there. I taped white paper all around it and wrote "Crayons" on it as well as on the top (to cover over the ice cream decal since it wasn't peel off). We also used the sterlite shoe boxes for marker. For colored pencils I bought a plastic sand box pail in the Target $ section...so we could stand them up and see colors better. Not optimal but it works.

This is what we do. I found it best to group boxes by what is in them (pencils, markers, crayons, colored pencils) instead of giving each child their own box:)

Really? I JUST bought containers today to change our system. We have been using a cutlery caddy from Target's picnic section. It has a spot for markers, one for colored pencils, one for regular pencils, and a larger section on the other side for glue, water colors, and a crayon box. The reason I'm switching is that we have a sharing problem at our house right now and I'm just sick of being the referee. I've decided to just dump one set of each thing in each of my new boxes, plus a glue stick, a bottle of glue, and a watercolor palate. Hopefully now I can have some peace!

Having to be frugal...we recycled a Blue Bunny ice cream container (it is plastic, not cardboard like most) and put crayons in there. I taped white paper all around it and wrote "Crayons" on it as well as on the top (to cover over the ice cream decal since it wasn't peel off). We also used the sterlite shoe boxes for marker. For colored pencils I bought a plastic sand box pail in the Target $ section...so we could stand them up and see colors better. Not optimal but it works.

I have ours in various old coffee cans covered in paper and then I keep them all in a plastic shoebox. I like them in the cans instead of loose because I can separate the skinny crayola from the broad, and the sharpies and the highlighters etc. So I just pull down the sterilite box with the cans in it and put it back up when they are finished.