Menu

Soooo not motivated for this year

I can't figure out why, but I have no motivation to start school this year!

We have a good mix of new and old curriculum. We have a new school room everyone likes. We have a good balance of activities starting up soon.

I just don't want to start. I have nothing else on the calendar per se, lol, but I am just not motivated! :lol::tongue_smilie:

Anyone else wanting another month of vacation? :D

It was funny that when my printer broke, I had to immediately scramble, and it motivated me in a big way :001_huh:

I got all nostalgic, and almost weepy about returning to some old school things.

And then I discovered How to Tutor and have been in phonics and arithmetic nirvana :tongue_smilie:

We have a good mix of new and old curriculum. We have a new school room everyone likes. We have a good balance of activities starting up soon.

I just don't want to start. I have nothing else on the calendar per se, lol, but I am just not motivated! :lol::tongue_smilie:

This is so me!! I just don't feel like it yet. I really like all of our curriculum choices and the way our schedule looks, but.......... :tongue_smilie:

I feel ya. I'm not motivated either. I was , but it was squashed by lots of financial stuff that has creeped up on us so I"m totally stressed out now. My mind is now on other things other than school now.

Yes we have had a lot of financial stuff this summer too, which made the summer a little stressful and went by too quickly. It's really kind of thrown us off. Add to that... my baby girl is about to turn 17, now drives herself everywhere, is getting a part time job and therefor won't be participating in as many of the activities that we usually do. It's kinda sad, but I am very proud of her at the same time. It's just been a roller coaster of emotions. :crying:

Yep, another month of vacation sounds good. We're starting tomorrow though. I've frantically been reading threads here the past week to try to drum up some motivation. It's worked a tiny bit, but not nearly enough. Summer was just way too short.

My mom passed away in April and that pretty much ended our school year and summer seemed to just disappear. I've pulled my eldest (10) out of a cyber school to Classically school this Fall and I've ordered a few books. My 8 yr old will continue where she left off but sh'es also about a year behind due to learning disabilties.

But, I am just too down to clean up the school room and organize the lesson plans. I just want to plop on the couch and read or watch tv. Kids are feeding off of my lack of desire for school and are also VERY reluctant to start school this year.

Any ideas on how to ease into the school year? I know my depression doesn't help. ANy ideas on how to deal?:sad:

Nope. I was wanting to start about two weeks before we did.

OTOH, last year I really enjoyed our summer (did this year too) and just didn't want it to end yet. It was just as hard for me to go back as it was the kids. Just start anyway. The routine will kick in and you'll be okay.

ETA: Soccy, that was the same thing that happened here last year. My dad died in April, summer was consumed with taking care of the estate and getting the house on the market. We only had a little time at the end to relax and I just wasn't ready to go back. We started anyway and the routine worked. Then, we went on vacation and came back and really hit the ground running. I think the change of scenery helped me move forward.

Edited by Momto2Ns

Yes. And I am taking it:D

No sense hopping in when I still need time. Come school time, the tv and screens go off and the unschooling begins! School proper will begin 2nd or 3rd week of September. Once we do begin, we tend to go whole hog and go until we finish......taking a few days for Christmas.

My mom passed away in April and that pretty much ended our school year and summer seemed to just disappear. I've pulled my eldest (10) out of a cyber school to Classically school this Fall and I've ordered a few books. My 8 yr old will continue where she left off but sh'es also about a year behind due to learning disabilties.

But, I am just too down to clean up the school room and organize the lesson plans. I just want to plop on the couch and read or watch tv. Kids are feeding off of my lack of desire for school and are also VERY reluctant to start school this year.

Any ideas on how to ease into the school year? I know my depression doesn't help. ANy ideas on how to deal?:sad:

:grouphug::grouphug:

After I lost my mom, I went into a deep depression and had horrible anxiety. My advice is to take care of you and your kids first. I am just now coming out of my funk...for lack of a better word. We did school last year, but it was very robotic. Here are your assignments....get them done. Check!

It takes time to grieve. Your kids are grieving too. Maybe try to do some fun things before school starts. Have a later start and then just pound through in a shorter time....or go a little later. Get some outside, fresh air time. Plant some fall flowers, ride bikes, have a picnic, read some poetry, bring your colored pencils and draw with your kids. Try to smile a little every day. Cry when necessary.

:grouphug:

I am sorry for your loss.

faithe

Tess, you'll do great! Look how much you accomplished last year!

I wish the summer were longer. We start on September 3. I just always want everything planned out and ready to go, and I could probably spend a year doing that. I always get bummed because all that I want to accomplish always proves to be too much.

We are a few chapters away from finishing SOTW 3, and I am pleased for that. I had the discipline to keep it going over the summer once the boys' summer camps were finished. We read 1-2 extra books per chapter, so it is taking a bit of time to finish. But, it's been good reading. :D

I do need to have another yard sale, and it will probably be on Sept. 1.

Me either. I'm more motivated for dd to start school, because it gives her something to do.

We had a horrendous summer. The end of May was a hs science thing for the 1st week we were out. So I planned for this year, but I couldn't get interested. June is a terribly busy month for me with birthday's & father's day. I had to travel to see my mom which was stressful and that took up a good chunk of July and the latter part of July is our hs convention. So I feel like we didn't have off.

I didn't do anything I wanted to this summer, which is depressing. I'm still trying to get myself organized and we started Aug. 1st. I have a inner ear thing that I've been nickel and dimed over, because they're not fixing it. It also required pre-travel urgent care and I'm just now (this week) getting into appts I made in June. So even our beginning of the year has started sporatically due to appts and the fact that others' here don't seem school their children unless they "feel" like it. Our state in general usually goes from Aug to May. I start Aug 1st so we can have a week off almost every 5-6 weeks and 3 weeks at Christmas and be done by May. I have yet to be able to put in a full week and there are some things I had to attend because others' made last minute meetings in the middle of the day after I made my schedule. GASP! LOL! (but even after schools start here) So I wonder with all the outside activities they do on a regular basis all year, being out all day, how they get their kids schooled. Then we have a neighbor who hs her kids. Her kids continually call 5 or 6 times a day because the mom is so scattered. To give you a clue, these kids still are trying to make their beds at 3pm! So I had to talk to her again, even after we told them not to call, because they were so disruptive.

So after my large rant above.:001_huh:...I am lacking in motivation as we're already behind and not even a month into it.