Menu

Duct tape for warts?

Dd uaed them when she got several warts on her feet from going barefood at the Y. One of them was HUGE and painful. I don't know why the colored would work differently but we used the silver. Hers took a LONG time to heal (one was the size of a large pea!) but the duct tape worked when medications did NOTHING.

We have tried duct tape, but what I've found to be better is apple cider vinegar. My 4 1/2 yr. old had a wart on the tip of her finger a few weeks ago that I had let go until it was really huuuge and painful. (great mothering I know!). Anyway...a friend of mine recommended the vinegar and it worked perfectly! Each night at bedtime I dabbed a little piece of cotton ball in the vinegar (make sure you use apple cider vinegar, not just white), put it on the wart and covered it with a band aid or 2. In the mornings we took it off and just didn't worry about it during the day.

After just a few days the wart was way smaller and after about a week it was practically gone. Eventually it just kind of flaked off.

Hope that helps! The duct tape and banana peel options have both been satisfactory for us in the past, this was just much quicker and more thorough so I thought I'd throw it out there.

We have had success with Vitamin C. My guys would take 1500 mg a day. It took some time, but it worked with all of them. One of my boys had over 30 on his hands plus others including on the bottom of one foot. We tried duct tape Compound W, apple cider vinegar, and having them frozen at the dermatologist's office.

Cindy

My dd had a plantar's wart under her foot close to the size of a dime. The OTC meds did nothing. So this is what we tried, and it worked beautifully. (It took about two weeks.)

Before bed she soaked her foot in water for about 5 minutes. Then I took a small piece of a cotton ball, close to the size of the wart, and put apple cider vinegar on it. We used duct tape to stick the wet cotton ball to her foot where it stayed (most of the time, minus bath time, etc.) until the following evening.

All the best!

We've tried EVERYTHING out there, and had great success (finally) with tea trea oil. I had just about given up hope, when I tried it as a last resort.

I used a q-tip and covered the wart(s) with tea tree oil, and then covered with a band-aid. Twice a day for 4-6 weeks.

NOTHING else has ever worked...duct tape, banana peels, you name it we tried it and it didn't work. Tea tree oil was a miracle cure for us. I read somewhere that it makes your immune systems kick it up to overcome the warts.

My daughter has a few plantar's warts on the bottom of her foot. We were thinking about trying the apple cider vinegar but then I read online about how painful it can be. (One lady described it as worse then natural childbirth?) Do any of you have any information on the pain that is experienced?

Thanks

We've tried EVERYTHING out there, and had great success (finally) with tea trea oil. I had just about given up hope, when I tried it as a last resort.

I used a q-tip and covered the wart(s) with tea tree oil, and then covered with a band-aid. Twice a day for 4-6 weeks.

NOTHING else has ever worked...duct tape, banana peels, you name it we tried it and it didn't work. Tea tree oil was a miracle cure for us. I read somewhere that it makes your immune systems kick it up to overcome the warts.

I have Melaleuca Tea Tree oil - and I have a very small wart on my palm. I'll try the tea tree oil. Any pain associated? (lol)