Menu

Great Britain was robbed.

GB was robbed and so was Ukraine. That routine of the Japanese athlete was not stellar even before his almost crash landing off that pommel. The original score was accurate. Toes not pointed, some leg breaks, brushed the pommels with his legs a few times...all those 10th point deductions add up and it was not one of the more difficult routines to begin with so it had a lower start value. The lack of hand stand was, if memory serves, a 3/10th deduction and the wild landing was another 3/10th.

The originial score was the right one and GB should have had the silver and Ukraine the bronze.

I was so angry that I cannot repeat in polite company what I said to the computer screen.

I was waiting for someone else to post. I had watched the entire event on replay during the afternoon on the computer and couldn't say anything because I knew some of you would not see it until prime time.

The judges were FLAT WRONG to change that score.

Faith

My understanding is he doesn't have to do a handstand, he just has to pass through that position and honestly whether that occurred was really close. I understand Japan requesting official review. It still stinks that it played out that way though.

But, wow, Great Britain, amazing job!

My understanding is he doesn't have to do a handstand, he just has to pass through that position and honestly whether that occurred was really close. I understand Japan requesting official review. It still stinks that it played out that way though.

But, wow, Great Britain, amazing job!

:iagree: