Menu

Paint ceiling pink or white?

White. Other colors always make the ceiling look dirty to me and it lowers the ceiling. White usually helps the room feel more open IMO anyway.

:iagree: Maybe if you have white crown molding to visually "hold up" the ceiling because that lessens the "lowering" feel but ... not completely.

I would say white, only because I do that to ensure I *never* have to paint them again should I need to change wall color.

:iagree:

I have a rotator cuff injury from scraping/sanding/priming/painting ceilings. That may just skew my perspective, but I wouldn't want to have to do them again.

I don't paint closets white, however. The idea of doing them over when we re-paint just seems like so much less of a hassle.

Another vote for white, unless the "line" between your walls and the ceiling is really uneven and wavy (and you don't have any moulding to hide the imperfections.) Then I might go with the pink just to hide the unevenness.

But generally, I prefer white ceilings, no matter what the TV interior designers were saying for a while. :tongue_smilie:

Are you sure about keeping one white wall? Sometimes when you use a color on three walls and leave the fourth one white, it can look like you ran out of paint before you got to the last wall, and the room looks unfinished. Have you considered tinting the white paint with some of the pink, so the fourth wall is less stark?

Another vote for white, unless the "line" between your walls and the ceiling is really uneven and wavy (and you don't have any moulding to hide the imperfections.) Then I might go with the pink just to hide the unevenness.

But generally, I prefer white ceilings, no matter what the TV interior designers were saying for a while. :tongue_smilie:

Are you sure about keeping one white wall? Sometimes when you use a color on three walls and leave the fourth one white, it can look like you ran out of paint before you got to the last wall, and the room looks unfinished. Have you considered tinting the white paint with some of the pink, so the fourth wall is less stark?

The wall is solid built in bookshelves, so I think it will be okay for it to be white. I don't want to have to paint the bookshelves ever again! :tongue_smilie: