Menu

What brand of coconut oil do you like best?

I've tried lots of different kinds but always come back to Nutiva. You can buy it on vitacost in 54 oz containers for *a lot* cheaper than what you'd pay at the store. PP, I tried the TT brand, had read all the info on it, how great it was, centrifuge etc but I didn't like the taste, it was soapy so we went back to Nutiva. The only thing I don't like about Nutiva is that it comes in plastic tubs. I would prefer it if they packed it in glass.

I buy different brands depending on price and such. Right now I'm using Tropical Traditions, I buy 5 gallons at a time and paid about $27 per gallon when I ordered. I've used Nutiva, Wilderness Family Naturals, and Mountain Rose Herbs as well I've not noticed a big difference in any of them.

Another one here for Nutiva. I get mine at Amazon as well. I just wanted to add in case you don't know, because I didn't at first. Some brands, like Louana are refined and therefore not as good quality which is why it is cheaper. When it is refined it removes a lot of the health beneifits.

I prefer Nutiva also. It has the best straight coconut flavor. Our Costco just started carrying it, 78oz for $21.99! I was so excited I bought one even though I have two gallons of another brand in the pantry still. Coconut oil has an awesome shelf life so don't be afraid to stock up.

Last year a friend and I split a six gallon order from Soapers Choice ( EV, Food grade, unrefined coconut oil) and it's been fine.