Menu

Someone should have told me . . .

...that some kids are the happiest and most obedient at 2, and turn into teenagers that argue constantly at 3 1/2, get worse at 4, even worse at 5, and finally have some goodndays by 6.

Either the teenage years with my oldest are going to be full of never ending arguing, or else they'll be cake after so many years of a "sneak preview."

that some kids just aren't easy to raise and they will never be until they become adults. I was so depressed when I kept waiting for my kid to get "easier." It was better when I finally accepted the fact that it probably won't ever be easy with this one kid of mine, But that;s ok. I still love her and she will likely be a great adult.

that pre-teen boys eat 5 or 6 times a day and it's only going to get worse!

Your turn . . .

:iagree: Ok - I have a tiny 11 year old who has barely been interested in regular meals his whole life. He'd just rather be playing! Now it's non-stop. I expect a major growth spurt any minute!

Someone should have told me that teenage boys can be just as hormonal as teenage girls........

So true.

I wish someone would have mentioned that my almost a teen daughter would eat as much as her teenage brother.

I also wish someone would have mentioned that my teenage son would take longer then his sister to do his hair and make sure his clothes are just right.

I once told eldest ds that if he continued to eat that way, I expected him to pull a wagon or plow a field. Seriously, if I'm feeding a draft horse I think I should get the muscle that goes with it! He's decently strong, but he's definitely not out pulling a hay wagon!

I wish someone would have told me that teens can roll their eyes so hard, that you will fear their eyeballs will fall out of their heads...I would like to have been prepared for that. Occasionally I have wished their eyeballs would fall out so that I could say something deep and profound such, "Well...that'll learn ya!" :D

NO ONE warned me that male adolescents must be ridden like rented mules to get them to shower, brush their teeth, and put on deodorant. I think I have cured the eldest of his shower phobia by placing his stinky socks under his pillow at night. No, I am not kidding, I have resorted to this! :glare: If I have to suffer, he has to suffer.

They are great though! :001_smile:

Faith

...that I would find myself choking on clouds of cologne and Axe body spray wafting from the body of my 10 year old, who suddenly cares a great deal about how he looks and smells :lol:.

At age 10???!!!??? [though it sounds like I should be grateful to not have the stinky-boy problem I'm reading so much about on this thread]

At this point, the older half of my family (dd11, ds9 and ds9) are driving me nuts and are much more difficult all. day. long. than the younger half (ds6, who is a dream, ds4 and dd3).

The ds9 who eats finally figured out how to make the mini pizza from Costco by himself. He eats it, and then still eats a full dinner immediately after.