Menu

Only six months until Christmas...

In fact, thinking of Christmas in the summer goes against my religious beliefs. :D

Where's your open-mindedness and appreciation of other cultures? :toetap05:

I like Christmas. I was determined to like Christmas so I pruned out almost all the things I didn't like and what do you know? Pretty much only the good bits were left! :D

I've got Christmas presents coming in the mail already. I like to buy a little out of each pay packet AND, just so you people with stashes of rotten tomatoes have someone to throw them at (I'm helping you declutter, right) I started the vanilla essence for this year's prezzies on Boxing Day last year. :tongue_smilie::p:tongue_smilie::p:tongue_smilie:

Rosie

Do not feed the crazy, Jennifer! notallthere.gif

No! :D

I like spreading the shopping out. I like taking my time and choosing stuff slowly and wrapping it as it comes in. (Then Xmas morning is a surprise for me too because I WILL forget what I purchase this month. lol)

I like shopping now verses doing it all in December so I can slow down and stay out of the malls, etc.

This year dd will be taking some paid vacation to spend Christmas out of state with her boyfriend and his parents. It will be our first Christmas without her with us and the boys are bummed. So, my hope is to completely simplify, give a bunch of gift cards instead of trying to find the "right" things for people, and then take a trip with dh and the kids....maybe we can carve out the funds to spend Christmas at Boyne Mountain Lodge or something. Teach the boys some basic skiing on the beginner/trainer hill, let them use the zip-line, and swim....NO COOKING AND BAKING! That sounds sooooooooooooo nice! :D

Faith

(This is my college going daughter who has had a very hard time with a as yet undiagnosed serious illness. She will be returning to college in late August but without her car since she is still both fully fainting (rarely) and becoming weak and paralyzed (more frequentlY) - the difference with these is in fainting she has no idea what is going on and in collapsing, she is conscience but cannot move.)

Glad to hear that your daughter is able to return to college, Chris, but how frustrating that this illness remains undiagnosed! :grouphug:

I love Christmas in its proper place and season, but June is not it.

Just as I don't dream of warm summer days, parades, fireworks, and fireflies in December, I don't dream of Christmas in the summer.

In fact, thinking of Christmas in the summer goes against my religious beliefs. :D

:auto:

Joining Melinda on the deck with a fruity summertime drink...