Menu

Magic School Bus: The Complete Series (52 episodes) releases soon

Nestof3

I think we are parity to you these days.....or at least very close :D

Hey, like the old days*!!!! OK then yes, I think you did the right thing by ordering. What's neat about the series is the conversationality of it, v. being akin to a dry lecture. And, thanks for the info about the related materials on the scholastic site. :)

*We've had a larger than usual contingent of Quebecois here this summer, so I thought perhaps the exchange rate was perhaps largely in your favor! And, btw, we love the Montrealers visiting. They relax and blend in so much more than our other visitors! ;) Funny, but true. Though my French is sure getting a workout this summer as more from further away from the city are visiting.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered and am bummed that it wasn't the best deal, but no matter - the kids LOVE them, and they're waking up and putting them on to watch while they have cereal in the morning - giving me an extra half hour of sleep in the morning! They're learning and I'm getting extra sleep? Worth it!

Thanks for the activities link and breakdown by subject, too!

Oh thank you for this!!! I am feeling so sick with pg that I can't muster the usual excitement about planning anything for school....this could easily buy me some time until I start to feel better! I also saw the complete Liberty Kids set and put in in the Amazon cart. Would feel bad about nothing but TV learning, but am always shocked at how much all my kids have retained and retold to me after watching both of those series when we get them from the library.

Oh thank you for this!!! I am feeling so sick with pg that I can't muster the usual excitement about planning anything for school....this could easily buy me some time until I start to feel better! I also saw the complete Liberty Kids set and put in in the Amazon cart. Would feel bad about nothing but TV learning, but am always shocked at how much all my kids have retained and retold to me after watching both of those series when we get them from the library.

Don't feel bad. Being realistic and then prioritizing where you are going to spend your strength, is being a GOOD mom. I've done my share of video content to save myself for the skills, and it worked out very nicely.

I've been trying to read through the thread again (but I read the comments starting with the last one and didn't go through them all....which explains my slight confusion :lol: ). The question I have is: where is the best place to get this right now? At Amazon it's $54.99 with free shipping.

I wasn't going to use the Visa coupon, because I only have a Master Card. I would think they take Master Card, right? Their price without the coupon is still cheaper than Amazon.

They do take master card -- that's what I used.

I preordered from them because they were a couple dollars cheaper and collect tax, which I prefer so I don't have to deal with it at the end of the year. They shipped it to me on 7/30. Then they lowered the price. The customer service person told me on 7/31! They gave me a price adjustment but those who used a coupon on top of the price paid less. I've decided to let it go and not get stressed about it. sigh. It is still a reasonable price, I think.

I was debating on whether or not to put the MSB on my cc right now or not. If I decided to go for it, I would have gotten it online at B&N. Well, my oldest dd went shopping at a mall yesterday (over an hour away)...she had asked if I needed anything and then asked, "Do you need anything at Barnes and Noble?" Which was sooo weird because I've never even been in that store. I'm like...."Well, actually yeah I do". So I gave her $50 to see if they had the set there. She calls me, *after* buying it, asking what price was it supposed to be again. Turns out that in the store it is marked as $79.99 with 30% off. Online it is 40% off. So....I ended up paying more (I owe dd money now). :banghead: OK....I'm trying not to worry about it. Whatever, right? At least I don't have to worry about paying off more on the cc. Youngest dd is watching some episodes right now and really likes them. She has a notebook and after each one she wants to write something she's learned and draw a picture. I'm using the online activity sheets (just the ones I want to end up printing). The set is very nice. I was surprised that the cover of the box has that 3-D kind of look to it.

I was debating on whether or not to put the MSB on my cc right now or not. If I decided to go for it, I would have gotten it online at B&N. Well, my oldest dd went shopping at a mall yesterday (over an hour away)...she had asked if I needed anything and then asked, "Do you need anything at Barnes and Noble?" Which was sooo weird because I've never even been in that store. I'm like...."Well, actually yeah I do". So I gave her $50 to see if they had the set there. She calls me, *after* buying it, asking what price was it supposed to be again. Turns out that in the store it is marked as $79.99 with 30% off. Online it is 40% off. So....I ended up paying more (I owe dd money now). :banghead: OK....I'm trying not to worry about it. Whatever, right? At least I don't have to worry about paying off more on the cc. Youngest dd is watching some episodes right now and really likes them. She has a notebook and after each one she wants to write something she's learned and draw a picture. I'm using the online activity sheets (just the ones I want to end up printing). The set is very nice. I was surprised that the cover of the box has that 3-D kind of look to it.

They are worth what you paid for them seriously! There are people this week who got Draw Write Now for so much cheaper than I got mine, but...I'm getting every penny worth that I paid for mine.

Now as for my recent purchase of Calculadder that I was horrifiedly disappointed in, even before my printer died, I'm :crying: instead of :banghead:

Magic School Bus is good for prices more than anybody is paying for it right now. It's easily worth $100 when you compare it to other things people are paying $200 and $300 for.

They are worth what you paid for them seriously! There are people this week who got Draw Write Now for so much cheaper than I got mine, but...I'm getting every penny worth that I paid for mine.

Now as for my recent purchase of Calculadder that I was horrifiedly disappointed in, even before my printer died, I'm :crying: instead of :banghead:

Magic School Bus is good for prices more than anybody is paying for it right now. It's easily worth $100 when you compare it to other things people are paying $200 and $300 for.

Thank you Hunter. This makes me feel better. I realize that I may not have gotten the best price, but it still is a great deal. I'm tickled pink that we have these. Dd is loving it. We just got back from the library and she excitedly was telling the librarian that we got all the MSB episodes. We are home now and dd is eating lunch and watching the MSB. As I was saying before about her writing something after each episode....well, she has also decided to write down what earrings Ms. Frizzle wears on each episode. :lol:

I'm glad you are feeling better :001_smile:

Tell your daughter that I--and I'll bet others here--would love a detailed report about the earrings. :lol:

:lol: It will be interesting to see if Ms. Frizzle really has 52 different pairs of earrings. So far we got a planet, bread slices, lunch boxes, life preservers, dragonflies, mushrooms, and salamandars.

:lol: It will be interesting to see if Ms. Frizzle really has 52 different pairs of earrings. So far we got a planet, bread slices, lunch boxes, life preservers, dragonflies, mushrooms, and salamandars.

In addition to frizzy hair, it seems we both share a passion for earrings. Of course, mine are not thematic.

I had a bus driver like that when i was little - different dangly earrings every day. I thought it was really fun!

• 3 months later...