Menu

Password compromised -- wwyd?

I called to ask AGAIN about the $$ to pay for her order...

She sheepishly admitted she doesn't have it. She has not finished delivering the product -- therefore she hasn't collected the $$.

She says her bonus is being direct-deposited tomorrow and she will pay the full amount tomorrow. In the meantime, she asked me to start a shopping cart, but NOT finalize the order until tomorrow when she has paid. :glare:

My husband is NOT going to be happy...

I'm trying to be fair & patient...I know she is a single mother; I know the tranny just went out on her car, etc. etc. *BUT* this is just not how I want to do business. Urg...

Why do you care more about her than your husband? Why should your family get hurt when it was her dishonesty that caused this mess? Stop being nice. She's not nice to you. I don't mean to sound like I'm jumping all over you, but she shouldn't be getting away with this. You're letting her steal from you and by not contacting the main office she's going to keep doing it. Honestly, if she's this dishonest, I doubt she'll ever pay you. She's hoping you'll pay and just end up eating the cost.

:iagree:Jessica and others are right. If you don't report her, you could have other ramifications from the company later too. Especially if someone else reports her, and they figure out that you knew and DIDN'T report.

Exactly my thought. If you say nothing and pay for a fake order so she can get a bonus, you are complicit. You are aiding her in defrauding the company.

There is a much bigger cost to you than the financial here. You are adding your ethics - as a spouse as well as an employee - to the pot by allowing her to use you as a tool taking from your family and the company for her gain.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Exactly my thought. If you say nothing and pay for a fake order so she can get a bonus, you are complicit. You are aiding her in defrauding the company.

There is a much bigger cost to you than the financial here. You are adding your ethics - as a spouse as well as an employee - to the pot by allowing her to use you as a tool taking from your family and the company for her gain.

:iagree: If you pay for this order, you will have no proof or recourse..... You should challenge it as a fraudulent order on your account.

It sounds like she is building a house of cards, and with the way she is doing business, quite a few will be hurt financially when she can't artificially inflate her numbers and the cards start falling down. Don't allow yourself to be one of the victims.

Paying for the order, even if it is with her money, condones her actions.

I don't understand how this happened. Every site I have ever used requires you to verify who you are (which she fraudulently did) but then they send a link to your email address to click on which allows you to reset your password. Even if she did this, the email should have went to your acct.

Why are you continuing to let her get away with this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

If she stole your credit card out of your handbag, you'd notify the police immediately. How is this any different?

This woman STOLE from you.

I don't understand why you are so hesitant to call the home office of the company and file a complaint against her.

I'm sorry, but it's one thing to be nice, and another to allow yourself to be played for a fool. You're being played for a fool, and since she sees that you're allowing this to happen, it will absolutely, positively happen again.

:iagree: I hate threads like this. They really pi$$ me off. We all know what the right thing to do is and the OP refuses to do the right thing. Incredibly frustrating.

Is this directed at me?? :lol:

I was thinking it was probably directed toward the OP, but I'm not the Posting Police, so I'm not privy to that information. ;)

I don't think it was you, though, as you haven't posted anything that would qualify you for a sad little tune on the world's tiniest violin.

I love that thing.

:nopity:

And this is the first time I've ever had a chance to use it.

:nopity:

Ooh! Look! There it is again!!! :D

It's my new second favorite emoticon thingie, after the always-useful :ack2:

In the opening post, the OP mentioned that there was for a time restriction in place to meet bonus criteria for a contest of some sort.

My guess is that many more folks were padded on orders beyond this poster alone and is not a unique complaint. That action took immense premeditation to pad orders with fake invoices.

This person gambled on others playing along nicely in silence and pity for her situation which probably isn't even real. I smell addiction, manipulation, abuse, fraud, theft, and a host of other things that could live on to nightmare proportions.

That is an incredibly desperate act, and again, guessing, but there's a lot more than a one month bonus at stake here.

Detach.

Sorry to have irritated so many of you...:chillpill:

It has been reported...it is being dealt with. I am not an accomplice. I did not pay for her order.

My husband and I are fine -- and I don't care more about this woman than I do for my husband. How absurd!! :glare:

Thank you to those of you that offered support and helpful advice. I appreciate it.

FTR: I won't be asking any more WWYD-type questions. You can return to your kilt threads... :glare:

Edited by curlylocks

It has been reported...it is being dealt with. I am not an accomplice. I did not pay for her order.

My husband and I are fine -- and I don't care more about this woman than I do for my husband. How absurd!! :glare:

Thank you to those of you that offered support and helpful advice. I appreciate it.

FTR: I won't be asking any more WWYD-type questions. You can return to your kilt threads... :glare:

You asked what people would do and they told you. You then posted that you did the exact opposite of what people told you they would do.

You are allowed to do whatever you wish, but I think the great majority of people were just looking out for you. You were being ripped off and that appalled people. IIRC, the husband comment was because you stated how upset your dh would be, but were planning on paying for the order anyway. Which makes it sound like you were more worried about upsetting the upline than upsetting your dh.

You asked what people would do and they told you. You then posted that you did the exact opposite of what people told you they would do.

You are allowed to do whatever you wish, but I think the great majority of people were just looking out for you. You were being ripped off and that appalled people. IIRC, the husband comment was because you stated how upset your dh would be, but were planning on paying for the order anyway. Which makes it sound like you were more worried about upsetting the upline than upsetting your dh.

No...I didn't do the opposite.

No...I didn't plan on paying for her order. (I said I could if I had to...rather than leaving a past due balance and ruin my credit with this company.)

This is a CLASSIC trick in MLM. Stay away from these companies, well known or not.

This is a great site that breaks it all down. It is about 1 company, but it is pretty much the same across all MLM outfits. Stay away.

http://www.pinktruth.com/welcome/mary-kay-truths/

:confused::confused::confused:

I've been in direct sales for 21 years and have never had/seen that happen. Passwords are secure, etc. If orders are placed under another consultant, you have to use your own payment, so this situation doesn't happen.

OP, :grouphug::grouphug: I hope your situation gets better.

In the opening post, the OP mentioned that there was for a time restriction in place to meet bonus criteria for a contest of some sort.

My guess is that many more folks were padded on orders beyond this poster alone and is not a unique complaint. That action took immense premeditation to pad orders with fake invoices.

This person gambled on others playing along nicely in silence and pity for her situation which probably isn't even real. I smell addiction, manipulation, abuse, fraud, theft, and a host of other things that could live on to nightmare proportions.

That is an incredibly desperate act, and again, guessing, but there's a lot more than a one month bonus at stake here.

Detach.

:iagree: with this, especially the bolded. The op mentioned it was a small amt of $. She does not want to dip into her own funds to pay the op. How did the merchandise even get in the hands of the upline lady? I seriously doubt that there was even a buyer for this merchandise. Otherwise, she would have delivered and collected asap to pay back the op. It was all about the quota and bonus at the op's expense.

ETA: Should have finished reading the whole thread. Then I would have had my :chillpill: . :glare:

Edited by Caledonia Academy

People were alarmed and concerned for you. This is a forum where we don't know each other personally and only have your words to go on. Someone who knew you personally might not have made some up the assumptions we did but that's the nature of seeking advice on the internet. Some people want that kind of questioning and advice. If you don't, you're right not to post more wwyd questions.

I wouldn't get too upset over this. People were offering what they could based on what you wrote. They're probably as relieved as I am that things worked out for you.