Jammies: Cotton or Silk/satin?

What are your pajamas made of:  

1. 1. What are your pajamas made of:

• Cotton
    • Silk/satin
    • Neither ('splain please)
    • Both, depends on my mood
    • Other ('splain this one too)

I have always worn comfy, cotton jammies. It has never occurred to me to wear any silky/satiny jammies before; they just don't seem comfy to me.

dh and I were talking about it last night, and now I'm curious if I'm in the minority or not.

So, which is it?

Cotton always. I gave away my silk jammies to my dds. THEY like the slimy feel of them!

As a kid, my mom sewed silk onto pillowcases for my sister and I - mom thought the silk would help prevent our long hair from tangling. I HATED the feel of the silk and would always turn the pillowcase inside-out to get rid of the silk side.

I can see silk being the preferred fabric back in the days when the only other choices were wool or flax. But now - give me cotton or give me , well, nuthin!

Yeah but they don't, like, stretch. LOL I move around a lot when I sleep. The thought of me moving one way and my jammies staying put does not appeal. I have visions of being all twisted up inside a tight silk number, flopping around trying to untwist myself.

It's amazing I've been married 18 years, huh? My poor dh.... ;)

I'm not much for real pj's. They just never fit me quite like I want, or they never look quite like I want. Some cross between looking like a 45 year old woman who's trying to wear a teenager's bedtime attire., or a 45 year old woman who looks like Grandma Moses. I think it's a saggy breast issue. :lol: So....I mostly wear cotton t's or tanks to bed. I never sleep in pj bottoms or longer gowns -- those are way too constricting for me. The legs hafta BREATHE!

I might enjoy wearing something silky and slippery every now and again, but when your man is a woodworker? Well, let's just say that rough hands and silk are not a good match. :001_rolleyes:

Cotton all the way for me!

I absolutely, positively mean ratty old t-shirts/shorts/jersey capris. I hardly EVER wear actual pajama sets; it's usually old clothes that aren't fit for public viewing!

Saggy breast issue...hehehe. My mother tells me by the time I reach her age (66) I need to watch out for short skirts! ;)

And I hear ya on the rough hands; my dh is a sheet metal worker ;)

You know, I want to be comfortable when I sleep, so I sleep in a t-shirt and sweat pants. I dress nice all day long -- skirt and nice shirt. I have lingerie, but when I sleep, it's got to be comfy.

I'm not speaking to your husband here, but just a thought as I've heard other men wish their wives wore sexier stuff to sleep in. I just think men need to understand that a woman has a right to comfort when she sleeps. If satin is comfortable to you, great! Yes, I agree there is a time for sexier, but I have a friend whose husband was disappointed that she wore comfortable cotton underwear -- it was actually one of the reasons he left her. Good grief -- have him wear a thong for a while with high heels and see how he likes it.

I also have three boys, and it's hard to find pajama sets that fit right and aren't too revealing. My 18 year old son does not want to see his mom wearing sexy pj's and I don't want to have to wear a robe when leaving my room.

Um...nothing. I much prefer to sleep in nothing.:blushing:

Actually, I wish I preferred nothing. It's so much easier. Dh shares your opinion, except when it's cold. He figures it's not an issue if the kids come in. It's just a body and we all have one. :D

...I have a friend whose husband was disappointed that she wore comfortable cotton underwear -- it was actually one of the reasons he left her...

If I may be so bold, this was one of the reasons he gave for leaving her, but it was not a real reason. It was a symptom, not a cause. I could venture a guess at any number of causes (immaturity is the first to come to mind), but cotton underwear? Nah! I'm sorry that happened to your friend.

You'll see in my reply that I mostly agree w/ you on the right to be comfortable issue. On those occasions when I might want something more "attractive", I just choose my cotton more selectively. Or, I follow Rebecca's advice. :D

Yeah... I'm usually wear underwear or a ratty old t-shirt. Mmmm... love those ratty t-shirts!

A couple of times a year I go on trips that require me to share a room with someone (women's retreats, church training events), and I'm always stumped when I finally pack because I don't have night wear that is appropriate for public viewing. Not a single pair of PJs!