Menu

s/o double standards...The " freebie list"

My dw and I joke from time to time about what celebrities are on our "freebie lists" if you KWIM. We are not serious about it, but I do find her choices of men interesting.

She has 2, maybe 3 men on her list currently, and they are all actors. But the part I find most interesting is that they also happen to be gay.

I don't know if I should feel comforted by that, or a little concerned about what that says about me...

[NOTICE: This thread is intended to be humorous.]

:tongue_smilie:

Ha! Straight women's attraction to gay men is legendary in the gay community. I wouldn't be too worried, it seems to be exceedingly common. One reason (in addition to some of Wendy's reasons) is that gay men are "off limits" (ie they do not actually want to have sex with straight women) which is attractive to some women.

There was a series on HBO I think? called "Queer as Folk" (WARNING - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC). Pretty much all the characters were gay and did nothing but make TeA all day long. Most of the gay community found it pretty...meh. But it had a HUGE following amongst predominantly straight women. Apparently watching two men has the same appeal to some women that watching two women has to some men. IDK. None of it is appealing to me, lol.

LOL

Well I think gay men are somewhat attractive because they seem like the best of both worlds. They are often hot, are often meticulous about their looks, they want to talk about stuff interesting to women, AND they don't really want to have se* with you. What's not to love? :tongue_smilie:

I might regret posting that. But oh well. I don't plan to ever run for office. ;)

I wish we had a like button here.

LOL

Well I think gay men are somewhat attractive because they seem like the best of both worlds. They are often hot, are often meticulous about their looks, they want to talk about stuff interesting to women, AND they don't really want to have se* with you. What's not to love? :tongue_smilie:

I might regret posting that. But oh well. I don't plan to ever run for office. ;)

:iagree: :lol: I also have a thing for gay men. Not even in a teA sort of way. I just love them! We don't have any freebie lists here. :tongue_smilie:

Dh knows I am hugely fond of certain actors, but only in certain roles.

He doesn't mind.

Sean Bean as Richard Sharpe and Boromir (or, really, almost anything else)

Aragorn

Sawyer on Lost

always been torn between Jack or Daniel on SG1, totally Ronon on SG Atlantis (or John) depends on the episode :D

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better.

Did you ever see that "Friends" episode about the celebrity list? When one of the women from Ross' list actually does show up, but he had erased her name and couldn't prove it to her? That was funny.

My dh's list is all women who look the polar opposite of me so.....that has me wondering. ;)

He doesn't mind.

Aragorn

Sawyer on Lost

always been torn between Jack or Daniel on SG1, totally Ronon on SG Atlantis (or John) depends on the episode :D

The bolded is true for me. I only like Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow. I only like John Barrowman as Capt. Jack Harkness. Although this photo leaves me smiling.

Now, I do like James May just about any way I can get him.

As for dh I don't care who he looks at as long as he doesn't call her name at tea time.

I'm pretty sure dh doesn't watch every Kyra Sedgwick movie because he's interested in the content, although we do like The Closer.

And I'm pretty sure there are at least two actors that would have restraining orders on me if I wasn't married. Either that or they would fall madly in love with me when I rang their doorbell. :lol::lol::tongue_smilie:

My friends tease me because my celebrity crush is gay. Yes, because that's the impediment to our grand romance. I'm happily married, he has a partner, he's 25 years older and a well-known actor, and we've never met. But his being gay is what's really keeping us apart. :)

My dw and I joke from time to time about what celebrities are on our "freebie lists" if you KWIM. We are not serious about it, but I do find her choices of men interesting.

She has 2, maybe 3 men on her list currently, and they are all actors. But the part I find most interesting is that they also happen to be gay.

I don't know if I should feel comforted by that, or a little concerned about what that says about me...

[NOTICE: This thread is intended to be humorous.]

:tongue_smilie:

I wouldn't worry. My DH is not gay in the least. He doesn't even have any feminine characteristics. I'm always attracted to gay men/celebrities. He Jack Harkness guy, David Hyde Pierce, etc would be on my list. I once commented to DH that some guy was "hot" right before the guy's boyfriend walked in, we have a mutual acquaintance who is likely gay and I find him attractive. I even fell hard in high school and years later....he's gay. Says now he always was. I joke that my either my gay-dar is strong or I manage ti turn men gay with a single glance. I actually think it has more to do with the fact that all these guys fall into a similar physical category - neat attire, tend to dress up, immaculate grooming. Also, they tend to be (or at least appear) intelligent and cultured. Interestingly, DH doesn't fit that box. He's a good guy, smart but doesn't show it, wouldn't get dressier than jeans and a nice tee to save his life, and culture, for him, is a bll game

He doesn't mind.

Aragorn

Sawyer on Lost

DEFINATLY the bolded :D And my dh and I have a running joke where I have to cover my eyes whenever T'ealc is shirtless :lol:

My dh's list is all women who look the polar opposite of me so.....that has me wondering. ;)

My husband's favorites are Salma Hayak and Catherine Zeta-Jones....I am tall, blonde, blue eyed...?? He swears he thinks I'm gorgeous though - who's to argue?:001_smile:

Regarding the gay guys...I just try really hard not to think too much about it! But yes, Capt Jack is gorgeous...

Side note, there was a comment made at our church about young men dressing like "the homosexual community". DD asked me later what that meant. The only answer I had was, "They dress nicely?" Still scratching my head...

Edited by coloradoperkins

LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget that they can also go clothes shopping for you, help you accessorize, do your hair and makeup, and redecorate your house.

Totally a win-win thing, if you ask me. :tongue_smilie:

But then again, most of the gay men I've known have spent way more time on their appearance than I did, and their collections of skin and hair care products were practically legendary, so don't even think about having room to store anything more than your toothbrush in the bathroom. And good luck getting any closet space, because you know these guys have way more clothes than you have -- and don't get me started on the shoes. :D

Ho hum...

I guess I'll just stick with my dh after all. I might not get my hair and makeup done, but he makes up for it with other things............

Edited by Catwoman

And I'm pretty sure there are at least two actors that would have restraining orders on me if I wasn't married. Either that or they would fall madly in love with me when I rang their doorbell. :lol::lol::tongue_smilie:

Let's go with Option 2, "fall madly in love with you." ;)