Menu

Prayer Support Needed

I am home. Exhausted. A bit numb again, emotionally. Person I love is in rehab and wouldn't say good-bye to me, angry, on 24 hour medical watch for detox, etc.

Please pray for Bee's Person for the next 30 days that there can be progress made, hope, a plan for the following several months... healing...

Please pray for me. This took a huge toll on family life and marriage. I felt a bit hopeless last week, but dh and I am back on the same page, discussing moving forward and overcoming the way we see things differently and what we expect from each other and the kids, etc. That helps so much. There have been SO many times dh has been my bridge over troubled waters... I really need him to be that bridge... and to not lose hope.

Thank you all so much, the prayers, thoughts, comments and hugs have meant more than I can say.

Thanks for the update. prayers continuing.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am home. Exhausted. A bit numb again, emotionally. Person I love is in rehab and wouldn't say good-bye to me, angry, on 24 hour medical watch for detox, etc.

Please pray for Bee's Person for the next 30 days that there can be progress made, hope, a plan for the following several months... healing...

Please pray for me. This took a huge toll on family life and marriage. I felt a bit hopeless last week, but dh and I am back on the same page, discussing moving forward and overcoming the way we see things differently and what we expect from each other and the kids, etc. That helps so much. There have been SO many times dh has been my bridge over troubled waters... I really need him to be that bridge... and to not lose hope.

Thank you all so much, the prayers, thoughts, comments and hugs have meant more than I can say.

Breathe. You need oxygen first. You have a husband and other children. You have to take care of you.

The entry into detox is common, expected, and typical. Do your best to prayerfully not take it personally; I know that is nearly impossible.

Avail yourself to everything they offer YOU, even if your loved person doesn't cooperate. You will need skills to survive this no matter what. I strongly encourage Al Anon for you. Celebrate Recovery and other groups are lesser entities. Sorry, but it's true - especially for *this*. I may have some Al Anon literature in my boxes if you don't have access to some.

Make a list of what centers you. Make sure you are doing some of that daily. It has to come first.

Given the age I think we are dealing with, you would do well to process how powerless you are now, and that you'll be even more so soon. Also, from a practical standpoing, you and DH will need to agree on discharge terms, living arrangements, deal breakers, etc. Be specific, and be firm. You can't boundary attitude, but you can delineate behavior:

You will attend 3 NA meetings a week vs. You will be in recovery.

You will wash and dry the towels vs. you will help around the house.

Please become familiar with recovery speak, recovery patterns, and the disease/disorder of addiction. You will need this info no matter what.

If I recall correctly, you have an xh involved? Is that a factor here?

Praying, and will continue to pray.

We won't stop praying ! Thank you for the updates. :grouphug:

Glad to hear your dear one is in rehab and that you and dh are walking together through this. Continuing in prayer . . .

:grouphug:

I've been down this road. I'm not trying to make this thread about me, but I do want you to know, I'd be happy to talk/listen/read if you ever want or need it. Every situation is so different, but they're all hard, miserable experiences.

I'll be praying for you. If you could use anything else, even just an "ear" of someone who's been down this road, will nod and sympathize, please let me know.

I am praying for your loved one and for you, and for your whole family. Joanne had some really great recommendations, I hope you're able to read those.

I'm so, so sorry!!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Anne