Menu

Proud momma moment :)

Miss Marple

My son called last night to inform me that he was selected the Society of Petroleum Engineers Outstanding Senior for Univ. OK for 2012. He was most excited about the $500 that came with the honor, but said the trophy would look nice on his desk, too.:D

He has worked his tail off for the past 4 years (unlike during his high school years :tongue_smilie:). I'm so proud of him.

Edited by CynthiaOK

Smiling here. That is an impressive award, frosting on the cake for a very desirable major.

I especially liked the part about the less intense work ethic he showed in high school. That should encourage many readers of your post. (Freshman dd is also working much harder and enjoying the challenges of univ.)

:party:Congratulations to him!! Is he headed to Houston after graduation? :001_smile:

Yes, he is! He will get married in early June and be in Houston around the first of July. It's weird thinking that he won't be coming home on weekends anymore. His fiance is a pharmacy student who still has 18 months left in another university. So they will be having a long distance marriage for a while - she'll get him on the weekends now :001_smile:

He will be in Houston for 18 months and then back to Tulsa...close to home :001_smile: He is looking for apartments in Houston and that has been an eye-opening experience. Who knew that it would cost several hundred dollars just to make application!?! Definitely not the small-town living he is used to :tongue_smilie:

Yes, he is! He will get married in early June and be in Houston around the first of July. It's weird thinking that he won't be coming home on weekends anymore. His fiance is a pharmacy student who still has 18 months left in another university. So they will be having a long distance marriage for a while - she'll get him on the weekends now :001_smile:

He will be in Houston for 18 months and then back to Tulsa...close to home :001_smile: He is looking for apartments in Houston and that has been an eye-opening experience. Who knew that it would cost several hundred dollars just to make application!?! Definitely not the small-town living he is used to :tongue_smilie:

In July he may want to visit his wife - anyplace will be an improvement on Houston :tongue_smilie: But the people there are among the friendliest most down to earth people I've ever met.

I can't help with the apartment application process but let me know if he wants ideas on churches, etc. We've been gone from there four years now but still return frequently (to see those friendly down to earth people ;))

In July he may want to visit his wife - anyplace will be an improvement on Houston :tongue_smilie: But the people there are among the friendliest most down to earth people I've ever met.

I can't help with the apartment application process but let me know if he wants ideas on churches, etc. We've been gone from there four years now but still return frequently (to see those friendly down to earth people ;))

Thank you! He is looking for church recommendations and would love to have suggestions. His wife will get to stay in Houston with him until mid August when she has to return. He'll be spending all that money on airline tickets for the first 18 months :D