Menu

I miss everything!!!! Darnit.

Can we somehow turn this thread into one about cabana boys and beach vacations? (I'm not a kilt kinda' gal!)

i don't like kilts either!!! Cabana boys, however........ Or even search and rescue men.

Did you read my thread where dd12, a good friend and myself were lost while snowshoeing in the woods? then we stumbled upon a man with movie star looks :drool5::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1: and he told us exactly how to get out of the woods. We found out we had been snowshoeing in circles for four hours! I joked about callinf search and rescue and he told me he WAS search and rescue. :svengo:

:lol:

I miss everything!!!! Darnit.

Can we somehow turn this thread into one about cabana boys and beach vacations? (I'm not a kilt kinda' gal!)

cabana boys, I can't help you.

beach vacation pics, I think I can. Let me see if I have any photos that are sized properly for this forum....

IMG_5005.JPG

IMG_5290.JPG

IMG_5289.JPG

Let's see if those work and then I'll go digging for more....

And look, Pamela still hasn't edited her OP so she still feels sorry. It wasn't that big of a mess so she must have done more mischievous things.

I guess that means it is blame Pamela day! If something happened at your house and your kids say, "Nobody did it" you know it was really Pamela.

Pamela broke the outdoor spigot and now the water is running no stop.

Dh has been called to advise us but he wasn't available And he hasn't returned the call yet. He is probably on the phone with Pamela.

Sorry won't turn the water off.

If our house floats away, Pamela will be to blame for this. Entirely and absolutely.

And look, Pamela still hasn't edited her OP so she still feels sorry. It wasn't that big of a mess so she must have done more mischievous things.

I guess that means it is blame Pamela day! If something happened at your house and your kids say, "Nobody did it" you know it was really Pamela.

:( Poor me!

I wrote a post but I was afraid friend would see it and didn't want to make the situation worse...I'm socially inept enough.

Did y'all hear about MY pet rat story?

Oops, kids saying I have to leave in THREE minutes and of course I'm not dressed at all!

Oh, but I'd rather talk about cabana boys :)

My sorry was just about deleting the thread so quickly....I didn't (I don't think) cause a ruckus overnight :)

Basically, a friend and I see many parenting things very differently. With things that are just matter of preference, I can easily pass the bean dip. However, there are times I think she is wrong. I have a lot harder time knowing what to say in those situations. Even when I bite my tongue, I'm afraid dismissing the conversation comes off wrong.

Anyway, situation of the moment is public school. All her kids go and will go to public school (she has 8 counting step kids). That is fine. My littles go to public school this year, but two won't next year. I am about 50/50 regarding my son who will be in Kindergarten next year (turns five this month). Anyway, so we have some difference of opinion about Kindergarten Round-up (tonight), teacher selection, communication between parents and teachers, parental responsibility regarding education, etc. Thing is that I don't think I am on an extreme at all. I'm actually doing LESS (barely and part of that is religion-related) than my mother did/would do (and she *really* believes in public school).

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I just feel at a loss of what to say when I find certain things shocking. I think I'm not hiding it very well. Maybe I don't need to. I just don't want to lose a friend because of my being judgmental. She is a good friend, my best supporter in regards to adopting my littles, and she is an awesome mother. I just keep trying to remember THAT when we disagree about certain parenting things, especially schooling.

Edited by 2J5M9K

cabana boys, I can't help you.

beach vacation pics, I think I can. Let me see if I have any photos that are sized properly for this forum....

IMG_5005.JPG

IMG_5290.JPG

IMG_5289.JPG

Let's see if those work and then I'll go digging for more....

Ahhhhhhh . . . . that's the ticket. Thank you. Now, put a beach chair and umbrella up, maybe a little steel drum band, and someone (doesn't have to be a cabana boy- but that sure would make the view even nicer) to bring me food and drink.

I'm dreaming here. The high here today is in the 40s and I'm COLD.:glare:

So, she's the one who riled up my 11 yo this morning? Gee thanks. Set us back by an hour. My whole day is gone to pot.

Oh - and the paint I'm using on my banister on my steps just isn't working. Can I blame her for that too????

Ahhhhhhh . . . . that's the ticket. Thank you. Now, put a beach chair and umbrella up, maybe a little steel drum band, and someone (doesn't have to be a cabana boy- but that sure would make the view even nicer) to bring me food and drink.

I'm dreaming here. The high here today is in the 40s and I'm COLD.:glare:

So, she's the one who riled up my 11 yo this morning? Gee thanks. Set us back by an hour. My whole day is gone to pot.

Oh - and the paint I'm using on my banister on my steps just isn't working. Can I blame her for that too????

did you see the footsteps leading away from the tables in the last picture? I'm pretty sure that was the cabana boy (of your choice) carrying you out into the water after you finished your very yummy caipirinha (Brazilian drink) and seafood. ;)

Not for anything inappropriate, he just didn't want your feet to get sandy. :D

did you see the footsteps leading away from the tables in the last picture? I'm pretty sure that was the cabana boy (of your choice) carrying you out into the water after you finished your very yummy caipirinha (Brazilian drink) and seafood. ;)

Not for anything inappropriate, he just didn't want your feet to get sandy. :D

It would take a very sturdy cabana boy to carry me out to the water! In my imagination he just lost his footing in the sand and water and there was a very big splash!

My sorry was just about deleting the thread so quickly....I didn't (I don't think) cause a ruckus overnight :)

Basically, a friend and I see many parenting things very differently. With things that are just matter of preference, I can easily pass the bean dip. However, there are times I think she is wrong. I have a lot harder time knowing what to say in those situations. Even when I bite my tongue, I'm afraid dismissing the conversation comes off wrong.

Anyway, situation of the moment is public school. All her kids go and will go to public school (she has 8 counting step kids). That is fine. My littles go to public school this year, but two won't next year. I am about 50/50 regarding my son who will be in Kindergarten next year (turns five this month). Anyway, so we have some difference of opinion about Kindergarten Round-up (tonight), teacher selection, communication between parents and teachers, parental responsibility regarding education, etc. Thing is that I don't think I am on an extreme at all. I'm actually doing LESS (barely and part of that is religion-related) than my mother did/would do (and she *really* believes in public school).

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I just feel at a loss of what to say when I find certain things shocking. I think I'm not hiding it very well. Maybe I don't need to. I just don't want to lose a friend because of my being judgmental. She is a good friend, my best supporter in regards to adopting my littles, and she is an awesome mother. I just keep trying to remember THAT when we disagree about certain parenting things, especially schooling.

:grouphug: You're not alone in finding it difficult.