Menu

Would you want to be a queen of a country?

DH and I were answering the poll about how many Shakespeare plays can a person name. (DH did better than me. He got 15.) But we started talking about kings and I said I wouldn't want to be a royal person. It is just too much work. Even as a child, I wasn't a princess-y type person. I wanted to be a teacher. :)

So hypothetically, without worry about how on earth you would actually get to such a royal position, do you think it would be cool to be a queen?

yes, this is a dumb question. :tongue_smilie: I'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning.

DH and I were answering the poll about how many Shakespeare plays can a person name. (DH did better than me. He got 15.) But we started talking about kings and I said I wouldn't want to be a royal person. It is just too much work. Even as a child, I wasn't a princess-y type person. I wanted to be a teacher. :)

So hypothetically, without worry about how on earth you would actually get to such a royal position, do you think it would be cool to be a queen?

yes, this is a dumb question. :tongue_smilie: I'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning.

Yes, I want to be Queen of the Universe.

And I want to be the one who can dispense driver's licenses. If you tailgate, exceed the speed limit, or text and drive, I will eliminate you from the road, making it safer for the rest of us. :tongue_smilie: Other than that, I don't know what I'd do...

I want to be Queen of Nothing. I want my own castle with a drawbridge, I want to scream "Off with their heads!" and not have anyone argue back with me. I want knights to bravely joust for me, I want knights pining so for me, I really want the simple joys of maidenhood.

I was Maid Marion in Kindergarten, we made construction paper hats. Actually I want to be queen of books, nothing else. I have enough problems trying to be in charge of one tiny cottage on the corner, an entire realm? No.thank.you.

You bet'cha!

You there, polluters, go back home and clean up your room. I don't care who started it or why it is a mess now. I want it clean. No - don't expect me to give you all the answers. Figure it out for yourself.

Whiners and complainers -zip it. Not.One.More.Word. You may approach me with constructive criticisms but not without workable solutions attached.

Abusers of any ilk, learn how to play nicely right this minute or you will learn to play alone. Your career of hurting others is now over.

Slackers, get up off your backsides and get busy or you will have nothing. It is not the job of the rest of my subjects to support you.

And to everyone who doesn't like my ideas, we have chartered a special plane to help you leave. Get out. There are plenty of other perfectly lovely places for you to go and I wish you the best. If you don't like that, tough. There is only one Queen here, and it is I.

I expect I would be hung in effigy within 24 hours and probably hung for real with in a day or so after that!:lol:

You bet'cha!

You there, polluters, go back home and clean up your room. I don't care who started it or why it is a mess now. I want it clean. No - don't expect me to give you all the answers. Figure it out for yourself.

Whiners and complainers -zip it. Not.One.More.Word. You may approach me with constructive criticisms but not without workable solutions attached.

Abusers of any ilk, learn how to play nicely right this minute or you will learn to play alone. Your career of hurting others is now over.

Slackers, get up off your backsides and get busy or you will have nothing. It is not the job of the rest of my subjects to support you.

And to everyone who doesn't like my ideas, we have chartered a special plane to help you leave. Get out. There are plenty of other perfectly lovely places for you to go and I wish you the best. If you don't like that, tough. There is only one Queen here, and it is I.

I expect I would be hung in effigy within 24 hours and probably hung for real with in a day or so after that!:lol:

:lol: So what's the destination for the plane I'd be on? :lol:

For me, no. The perks would be nice, but the rest of it is definitely not me. :tongue_smilie: I'd rather have a cottage on the palace grounds with full housekeeping services, a nice stipend to support ourselves in the manner to which we'd like to be accustomed, and a limo. lol