Menu

Any one USE Mary Kay?

We have threads on selling, but I am wondering if anyone has favorite Mary Kay products they use.

I am letting a friend do a makeover next week. She's not pushy and is clear she's trying to meet a "makeover" goal but isn't trying to sell product. But the truth is, I use makeup anyway, and I am not super committed to anything I use (except my mineral foundation) so I would be happy to buy some product from her if I have reason to think it will be a good product.

But I sort of want to know what I might like before I go in so that I don't make too much of an impulse buy:)

I use two products and I would love to find someone to sell me some more.

They make (used to make???) a mascara that is waterproof, yet washes off with soap and water called "Signature Endless Performance"

And I have a VERY old lipstick that is AMAZING. I is called lipstick intensity controller. Basically if you buy a lipstick that is "too much"--too bright ot too dark--whatever, this will tone it down. Love this stuff since I cannot ever buy the right color of lipstick, whenever I get it home it looks completely different on my lips :confused:.

That is all I know of Mary Kay, two products and I really like both of them.

Ask your friend if they still sell them and when I can get more.

Lara

I use all MK products (from facial cleansing to make-up), and I love them! I used MK products for years. Then about a year ago, I went off MK to try to save money by buying over-the-counter products with coupons, and my face was not happy. Neither was I. I couldn't seem to get my skin balanced. I needed to apply more make-up to get good coverage or so it would last all day. I found I was spending more on the over-the-counter stuff than I would have if I kept using MK. Therefore, two weeks ago, I went back to MK, and within 2 days, DH told me my skin looked better already! If he's going to notice, then it is working!!!

So, with that experience, I went ahead and signed up to be a consultant! I'm pretty excited!!! :D

I use all MK products (from facial cleansing to make-up), and I love them! I used MK products for years. Then about a year ago, I went off MK to try to save money by buying over-the-counter products with coupons, and my face was not happy. Neither was I. I couldn't seem to get my skin balanced. I needed to apply more make-up to get good coverage or so it would last all day. I found I was spending more on the over-the-counter stuff than I would have if I kept using MK. Therefore, two weeks ago, I went back to MK, and within 2 days, DH told me my skin looked better already! If he's going to notice, then it is working!!!

So, with that experience, I went ahead and signed up to be a consultant! I'm pretty excited!!! :D

Their skincare is the ONLY thing that has ever helped my skin. And I've tried so many things. I wish I still got it half off, it's amazing.

The things I love:

~Their liquid foundation. So light, it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. It's also transfer resistant, so it doesn't smear all over your husband's shirt when you give him a hug.

~Mineral powder foundation.

~Ultimate Mascara. You can swipe the brush on the side of the tube to remove as much product as possible. Using thin layers, you can dramatically lengthen your lashes as it's buildable. I tried Cover Girl Lash Blast. Yeah, so not as good.

~Satin Hands

~Eye Primer

~Bella Belara perfume (I am so not a perfume type of girl, but this stuff is heavenly.

~Even Complexion Essence. I have really terrible acne. While I was using the ECE, it really made a difference with all my scarring.

~Travel Roll Up Bag

~Eyeliner

That's all I can think of now.:lol:

A really good website for reviews of cosmetic and skincare lines is: beautypedia.com

The Mary Kay products here might be different from the US, but I use their new mineral eyeshadows, lippie and I love the makeup remover.

I'm 42 and have been using Mary Kay since I was 20 or so. I love Mary Kay skincare. I use Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser and Age Fighting moisturizer. I also occasionally use the Day/Night solutions when I want my face to be extra soft. I used to use their foundation but stopped using it many years ago when they switched formula.

I haven't had a Mary Kay lady for over 10 years and buy my skin care stuff on ebay.

A few weekends ago we were out of state and I ran out of my MK moisturizer so I went to Walmart and bought this Oil of Olay product. At first I really liked the product, but by day three, my face was completely broke out. I had 50+ tiny blisters all over my forehead, which then spread to the rest of my face. It was horrible! My whole face was red, it looked like I had a sunburn. My skin is just now getting back to normal.

I'll be sticking with Mary Kay! The stuff is wonderful!

I'm not a make-up person at all--just a bit of eyeliner and mascara for me.

My young teen daughter loves make-up and beauty stuff and last month she had a makeover or consultation or whatever they call it with a MK consultant. She did a great job with her and really worked with her to find good colors and suitable skincare products. I was surprised by the cost as years ago it seemed terribly expensive when compared to drugstore brands. I didn't think this was too pricey this time around, especially when I think of all the money I've tossed out trying to find foundation to match her very, very pale skintone.

She was already using Velocity moisturizer and cleanser for breakout prone skin.

What I bought her:

Mineral powder

concealer

cream eye shadow

eyeliner pencil

Satin lips mask and balm

She's been very happy with everything.

I also bought Satin Hands for me. It works well but I'm scent sensitive and the fragrance-free is scented and it does bother me. (I think due to an ingredient, not an added fragrance.)

Okay, I have more MK stuff than I realized. This is what I have now..... ( drumroll)

Timewise cleanser

Microdermabrasion set

Mini compact

Medium compact

Large compact

Oil control lotion

Formula two toner

Oil free eye makeup remover

Brown eyeliner

Black eyeliner

Charcoal eyeshadow

Peacock eyeshadow

3 vintage gold eyeshadows

Hazelnut eyeshadow

Eye primer

foundation primer

Oil mattifire

Sunny spice mineral blush

Creme blush

Powder mineral foundation

Liquid foundation

3 lipsticks

1 lip gloss

1 liquid lip color

Some kind of gold powder

Makeup brushes

... and I just ordered the new cleanser and will be ordering the day solution

Okay, I have more MK stuff than I realized. This is what I have now..... ( drumroll)

Timewise cleanser

Microdermabrasion set

Mini compact

Medium compact

Large compact

Oil control lotion

Formula two toner

Oil free eye makeup remover

Brown eyeliner

Black eyeliner

Charcoal eyeshadow

Peacock eyeshadow

3 vintage gold eyeshadows

Hazelnut eyeshadow

Eye primer

foundation primer

Oil mattifire

Sunny spice mineral blush

Creme blush

Powder mineral foundation

Liquid foundation

3 lipsticks

1 lip gloss

1 liquid lip color

Some kind of gold powder

Makeup brushes

... and I just ordered the new cleanser and will be ordering the day solution

Oh the Microderm Abrasion, I had forgotten about that. That is definitely a must buy!