Menu

I just ordered new Fiesta dishes!

I love my fiesta ware. I could not decide either. For college graduation, my mom have me the light yellow, pink, light blue, and turquoise - two of each. Then for our wedding we registered for a few more.....we now have 20 place settings in 10 colors......:blushing:

I've been looking at cobalt Fiesta longingly for quite awhile. I've never had Fiesta before. Are they really durable? We seem to break dishes easily. I can't decide if we are just really hard on dishes or my dishes are really just cheap (which they are!)

We've been gradually acquiring some, too! We have shamrock, plum, lemongrass, peacock, tangerine, and sunflower so far! I want to get scarlet and cobalt, too.

The lemongrass and sunflower look so good together with a few white pieces thrown in (Sunflower is on my to-be-acquired list.). So does the lemongrass and cobalt.

I was recently given my first few pieces (for my birthday)! I have a couple of "accessories" in Peacock I keep out on the counters--a creamer/sugar/tray set by the coffee pot and a large disc pitcher for flowers above the sink. It looks all beachy. :001_smile: Oh, and I got some yellow cereal bowls. I've been wanting some cheery, sunny, yellow breakfast dishes for the kids.

I got chocolate, shamrock, scarlet, turquoise, plum, and sunflower. There are only three of us, so we can mix things up as we like. I ordered dinner plates, luncheon plates, and chowder bowls, as well as a platter, serving bowl, and pitcher. (Dh got an unexpected bonus, so I splurged.)

When I have the money, I want to add some of the jumbo cups. I'll probably want to have every color eventually. :D I love color!

This is my first set of new dishes since we got married 20 years ago. I grew tired of that design, and over half the pieces have gotten broken.

I've been cleaning out and reorganizing my cabinets, and I can't wait to see how pretty my colorful dishes will look in my nice cabinets.

Wendi

I just ordered my scarlet and cobalt sets. Kohl's has them back in stock and I had a coupon. :D Now I will have my rainbow in the cupboards!

They seem very durable. We haven't had ours that long, but we haven't broken or chipped any, and I am even brave enough to give my 3.5 year old one of the plates sometimes.

I've been looking at cobalt Fiesta longingly for quite awhile. I've never had Fiesta before. Are they really durable? We seem to break dishes easily. I can't decide if we are just really hard on dishes or my dishes are really just cheap (which they are!)

I have had mine for 11.5 years, we have broken 3 pieces and chipped one. And my kids help load the dishwasher.

Of course....one that broke was my chip/dip plate in a discontinued color :(

We have lemongrass, orange, red and peacock. I really liked the purple, but we were going with brights. My ascessories are all red, for Christmastime. I might add some more at a later date, but 12 place settings for 4 people is plenty. Oh, I bought mine at Kohls with a 30% off coupon.

• 2 years later...
Guest shoppohs

My fiestaware soap dispenser does not dispense any more. I think we wore it out. Any ideas on ordering a replacement dispenser? It is larger than the ones off of other soft soap type dispensers.

My grandmother gave me her set (from the 1930s) when DH and I got married. I absolutely adore them. So colorful, and I have a great time doing different color combos -- yellow/orange/green for spring; ivory/cobalt/turquoise for winter holidays….

DH has added a few to our set. We use the Fiestaware for all the family holidays and big dinners, which is extra-special to me -- my childhood memory of eating off of Fiestaware on Christmas Eve with all the relatives. :)

My original set colors include:

marigold yellow

old ivory

turquoise (a light blue)

cobalt (a dark blue)

red (a deep orange)

It includes these cute cups with perfectly round handles, and an adorable yellow pitcher.

DH has filled in with pieces in new, beautiful colors, including a utensil holder, a butter dish, a large pitcher, a platter, several large serving bowls, and a few dinner and salad plates, and a set of bowls, and with the new colors -- turquoise (that green/blue), paprika, tangerine, plum...

I do not put ANY of them in the oven. I do microwave the NEW bowls. I put everything in the dishwasher. So far, only 2 items have been broken over the many years we've had them. And grandma's fiestaware is 80 years old...

So fun! I started my collection at Christmas, receiving pieces from various family members. We have 12 settings: 2 each of scarlet, sunflower, shamrock, plum, lapis, and black. I also have some of the bigger bowls. My colors are inspired by Mary Engelbreit's bold prints. My kitchen is decorated with ME. I LOVE them. DH even randomly told me he loved them last week. We actually took off our kitchen cupboard doors to show off the fun colors.