Menu

Finished Narnia with 6yo DS, now what?

My 6yo is IN LOVE with the Chronicles of Narnia. We read the series in a month. He's currently rereading it himself, but we need something new for fun readaloud time. Any suggestions for a kid who loved Narnia?

DH suggested Harry Potter, but neither of us actually know anything about it and I've read that it's more suited to older children.

My middle son fell in love with Harry Potter at 6 years old. The books are different from the movies. Less intense.

Over the last couple years he has enjoyed Hobbit, Narnia, and Magic Tree House too. I look forward to taking him to the library to check out some of the other posters' suggestions!

The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander, starting with The Book of Three. It's a five-book series.

And I second all of the other suggestions. :) We are so fortunate there are so many good books to read!

Cat

I'm so excited to see someone recommend these books!!! I recently purchased them for my boys because I loved them so much when I was younger. I can't wait to start reading them again.

Children of Green Knowe series by L.M. Boston. It's an older series, and now, I think, mostly forgotten. The writing is absolutely beautiful.

This is one of our all-time favorites. Love, love, love some of the passages, especially in the first two books.

My middle son is named Tolly. (But it's not short for Toseland.)

Cat