Menu

If you could please pray about tomorrow...

Tomorrow is my son's arraignment. He has been in detention this entire time and they will determine a few things tomorrow:

1. If he will be tried as an adult (a real possiblilty)

2. If he will be sent home to await his actual hearing or sent back to detention (if tried as a juvenile) or jail (if tried as an adult)

3. His next court date will be set (most likely in two weeks)

Really we would love an outcome that is in the best interest of helping our son. He is starting to understand the ramifications of what he has done and understands that he will need to serve some time for his charges.

My concerns are this: If he is tried as an adult then he loses all of the services offered to a juvenile for rehabilitation: mental health and substance abuse counseling, schooling, personal counseling and family counseling. He will have to apply for all of these things individually at the adult facility. Once sentenced he would go to state prison, rather than a juvenile facility.

So if you could please pray for peace regarding whatever decision is made, strength for everyone, patience as we endure this trial in our lives, and unconditional love for our son.

Oh, I have doctors appointment too in the morning for my 36 week checkup. I lost 4 pounds last week, so please pray that the baby is healthy.

Tons of prayers for you and your son. He will be able to get services as an adult, but you are right, of course, it is more difficult. My daughter and I will commit to praying for you everyday. Please keep posting.

Praying for your baby, too. Losing weight is common at the end of the pregnancy. Do you tend to deliver early? I'll share this with our bible study.

Tomorrow is my son's arraignment. He has been in detention this entire time and they will determine a few things tomorrow:

1. If he will be tried as an adult (a real possiblilty)

2. If he will be sent home to await his actual hearing or sent back to detention (if tried as a juvenile) or jail (if tried as an adult)

3. His next court date will be set (most likely in two weeks)

Really we would love an outcome that is in the best interest of helping our son. He is starting to understand the ramifications of what he has done and understands that he will need to serve some time for his charges.

My concerns are this: If he is tried as an adult then he loses all of the services offered to a juvenile for rehabilitation: mental health and substance abuse counseling, schooling, personal counseling and family counseling. He will have to apply for all of these things individually at the adult facility. Once sentenced he would go to state prison, rather than a juvenile facility.

So if you could please pray for peace regarding whatever decision is made, strength for everyone, patience as we endure this trial in our lives, and unconditional love for our son.

Oh, I have doctors appointment too in the morning for my 36 week checkup. I lost 4 pounds last week, so please pray that the baby is healthy.

(((Stephanie)))

Just prayed for all your family. Let us know what happens.