Menu

Favorite soup to make w/ chicken stock besides chicken noodle?

So many soup recipes on allrecipes call for cream of __ soup! I just need a good soup recipe that doesn't use shredded chicken (already using it for other meals). I am trying to "stretch" my nice, pastured chicken as much as I can. :) I have two big jars of lovely broth. So, please give me some ideas... corn chowder, potato, something else? How do you make your favorite from-scratch chicken based soups?

Pasta Fagioli and (yikes) Chicken Tortilla are my go-to soups. Oh - and a veggie soup.

My Pasta Fagioli and the Tortellini/Veggie soups have a base of chicken broth, tomato sauce and tons of fresh garlic cloves. I use turkey sausage in the pasta fagioli, along with canellinni beans, spinach, ditalini and fresh parmesan. The veggie soup has tortellini and whatever veggies I have on hand - zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, carrots etc. I also throw a spash of tabasco sauce in both of these.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not. I don't normally make creamy soups.

Italian wedding soup... Mmmmmmm..... :D

(I don't put chicken in it, but I use chicken stock.)

Ah yes. My kids love this!

Do you mean cream soup? Or just a soup recipe that uses chicken stock?

I made a delicious sausage lentil soup last week and used 12 cups of chicken stock.

astrid

Swoon. I LOVE lentil soup. Had my fave ever the other week. It had turnips in the recipe. Gotta see if I can copy it!

This is one of our absolute favorite soups:

http://www.marthastewart.com/314687/squash-and-white-bean-soup

The recipe calls for using beef stock, but you can just as easily substitute chicken stock in it's place and it's still very good. We make it frequently and use chicken stock, beef stock or veggie stock just depending on what we have available.