Menu

New Year's Eve menus?

We are once again planning an at home New Year's Eve. I do not like driving out that night. We usually have finger foods/snacky type foods and play board games or watch a dvd. I need some suggestions for food. No one wants meatballs this years. Dh said he is tired of cheeseballs. Dds don't like dips. We are thinking about making homemade pizzas. So, give me some great ideas please for snacky things please......

we are doing a wing bar (dh and I will have buffalo with blue cheese dipping sauce, we'll have several other types too.... haven't done the recipe search yet... tomorrow is shop day) and I thought we were going to have a baked potato bar with several toppings (chili, cheese, butter, sour cream, chives, and anything else anyone wants) but dh instead is making a Lithuanian dish with potato and meat. We are going to do veggie trays and escargot, but I'm assuming your kids don't want escargot. :lol: And we still have an assortment of goodies that I want GONE so we can start our healthy eating again in Jan.

Potato skins are also awesome, and to do them right, they must be home made. Real bacon bits, cheese, onion, sour cream, scallion or chive.

We're having another family over. We're having a taco bar, queso dip :ack2:, and a bean dip that's similar to Texas caviar. I'm also making a Sopapilla Cheesecake, and my friend is bringing an appetizer. This all is the snack food; they're coming over way after dinner!

Oh, yes, and margaritas.:cheers2: I think they are bringing at least one of their college boys to drive home.

This is actually the first NYE that I'll be keeping the boys up. :) Usually I'm chaperoning our youth lock-in, but it isn't all night this year (the bums! the adults just didn't want to do it bc it's Saturday night and we have church the next day :001_rolleyes: ) so I don't feel like its worth it to get a babysitter for the kids all night when I'd actually only be gone from 7-12:30. If they were having it all night, I would so be there. :)

Anyway, I'm just going to do some sweet treats here...marbled treats (graham crackers with semi-sweet and white chocolate melted/swirled on top, refrigerated and then broken apart) and puppy chow. Or whatever you call it. :) I think we'll play board games after DD goes to bed, and turn on the tv to see the ball drop.