Menu

eye issue--should I wait it out?

Yesterday evening I had a hair in my eye which I pulled out. By the time I went to bed my eye was red, watering, and uncomfortable to look at light.

If I keep it closed it feels fine so when I woke this morning it seemed 100%. Now it's started up again as my eye is open. I've been trying to keep it closed but that's not easy.

So...infection, scratch, or ? Can I wait this out or do I need to see someone?

Get it checked. And ulcer/abrasion can be serious and can get worse very quickly. You don't want to lose your sight. Go get it checked today. In veterinary medicine we ALWAYS insisted eye injuries be treated same day, without fail, as it could be that much worse in just 24 hours.

I don't play games with my eyes. get it checked. if it's a scratch, you will know and just give it time. If there was bacteria on the hair and you are starting an infection, you may save yourself a lot of misery or at least a reduction by going now.

Get it checked. And ulcer/abrasion can be serious and can get worse very quickly. You don't want to lose your sight. Go get it checked today. In veterinary medicine we ALWAYS insisted eye injuries be treated same day, without fail, as it could be that much worse in just 24 hours.

My cousin was just diagnosed with an ulcer on her eye. Never even realized you could get one there!! She said it is extremely painful. She wishes she would have gone in sooner.