Breakfast Menu ~ Please Help Me Decide

Which Breakfast?  

1. 1. Which Breakfast?

• Baked Casserole & Muffins
    • Baked Casserole & Waffles
    • Only Waffles
    • Only Casserole-type thing
    • Other

I'm inviting some people for breakfast this weekend. Would really appreciate your feedback, etc.

Fresh fruit - of course

Then, I'm thinking - something savory and something sweet.

Ideally, I would prefer to avoid last-minute preparation by the stove - as in pancakes, etc. I would love to have both savory and sweet be baked/casserole-type stuff - as in a Savory Casserole and a Baked French Toast, but it would look silly to have two 9x13 inch pans on the table ...

SAVORY

A Baked Casserole (never made, but should be fairly uncomplicated, I think) - Sausage Hash Brown OR Bacon Hash Brown

82401868151577061_88NSI2WG_c.jpg

SWEET

I make great Belgian Waffles -but, they do require a bit of last-minute work. Not too much, but a bit.

Muffins - no last-minute prep

Any other ideas?

Thank you so much. :)

Edited by Negin in Grenada

I like to make quiche for breakfast get-togethers. I do cook them the day of, but a large one is in the oven for 45 minutes so there isn't "last-minute" work. They are usually round for some visual variety. I haven't done it, but I know that you can make them in little rounds also. (But those would cook quickly, so may not be the best choice?)

Since it's a breakfast-specific invitation, I'd choose both. I voted for casserole and muffins. My casserole would be more quiche-like, because I would want something to balance the bread/starch of the muffins.

(Instead of muffins, I personally would make more of a coffee cake. It seems easier for *me* to make, and I could make it more over-the-top gooey and sweet than muffins.)

I love the breakfast invitation idea!!

The casserole looks delicious. I'd go the fruit, muffin and casserole route...Coffee cake is always good.

I'm inviting some people for breakfast this weekend. Would really appreciate your feedback, etc.

Fresh fruit - of course

Then, I'm thinking - something savory and something sweet.

Ideally, I would prefer to avoid last-minute preparation by the stove - as in pancakes, etc. I would love to have both savory and sweet be baked/casserole-type stuff - as in a Savory Casserole and a Baked French Toast, but it would look silly to have two 9x13 inch pans on the table ...

SAVORY

A Baked Casserole (never made, but should be fairly uncomplicated, I think) - Sausage Hash Brown OR Bacon Hash Brown

82401868151577061_88NSI2WG_c.jpg

SWEET

I make great Belgian Waffles -but, they do require a bit of last-minute work. Not too much, but a bit.

Muffins - no last-minute prep

Any other ideas?

Thank you so much. :)

Again, thank you so much everyone. :grouphug:

Quick and rather idiotic question:

I'm preparing the casserole this evening and baking tomorrow morning.

I'm preparing the muffins tonight also. If I bake them tomorrow morning, so that they're nice and warm - that might not work, right? The flavor and smell of the cheese/bacon/mushrooms/onions would affect the muffins, correct? :confused: I wanted the muffins to be warm. I guess I need to bake the muffins tonight, let them cool, and then, if time allows, quickly heat them in the morning ... no microwave in our home. I could place them on the stovetop while the casserole is baking.

Looks YUMMY!!! What time should I come?:D

Tomorrow morning, hope you can make it. :D

Wish you could all make it. :)

Again, thank you so much everyone. :grouphug:

Quick and rather idiotic question:

I'm preparing the casserole this evening and baking tomorrow morning.

I'm preparing the muffins tonight also. If I bake them tomorrow morning, so that they're nice and warm - that might not work, right? The flavor and smell of the cheese/bacon/mushrooms/onions would affect the muffins, correct? :confused: I wanted the muffins to be warm. I guess I need to bake the muffins tonight, let them cool, and then, if time allows, quickly heat them in the morning ... no microwave in our home. I could place them on the stovetop while the casserole is baking.

Tomorrow morning, hope you can make it. :D

Wish you could all make it. :)

I'd be more worried about the muffins rising correctly if I held the batter overnight.

Room temperature muffins are jsut fine! :grouphug: