Menu

Head rag annoyance

So, ds12 recently came up with the idea that he wants to wear a bandana on his head, as a head rag. It's cute; I don't mind it at all. It goes with him and looks good. Dh was being kind of a pain about it to me, though, saying, "I don't see why he has to wear that headrag all the time now." Just this morning, I told dh he was being a control freak about it and to leave it alone. It looks cool and I personally like it.

So. :mad: Dh brings home a different head rag that he likes. It's a Ravens (football) one. Only I don't like this one. Okay - I detest it. It's a windsock-like snood or whatever you call it. It would look good if my son was a Rasta with dreads down his back. :glare: It is absolutely ugly. So, now I guess I'm the control freak because I don't want him to wear it anywhere.

Am I going to be wrong now if I tell him not to wear the snood thingy?

I had to google snood, because I've never heard the term. I found that it is a traditional female headcovering. Every google image was of a conservative looking woman. Is that what you are talking about? :001_huh: I can't believe a teen boy would be seen in that. :lol:

I'm glad you posted this because that's what I found and am having a hard time picturing a dad wanting his teenage sone to wear one. I think I'm missing something because after googling head rag I can't imagine a mom wanting her son wearing one of those either.

Maybe someone can post a link for Julianna and I so we can be a little less confused? :001_huh:

I'm glad you posted this because that's what I found and am having a hard time picturing a dad wanting his teenage sone to wear one. I think I'm missing something because after googling head rag I can't imagine a mom wanting her son wearing one of those either.

Maybe someone can post a link for Julianna and I so we can be a little less confused? :001_huh:

I assume she is referring to an ill-fitting do rag.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do-rag

I vote that nothing referred to as a "rag" belongs on any person's head.

But, yes, your husband is trying to compromise so you will have to do your best to not micromanage the snood.

(wow. There's something you don't say every day.)

:lol::lol::lol: :lol: Best reply all day!

You should get one, too. Wear it everywhere with your son. Problem solved. ;)

LOL. That's awesome. I think it only works with older kids. Every so often when my nieces is staying over she wants to wear a fairy costume out in public, she'd probably be delighted if I wanted to wear one with her. I'll remember that suggestion though when the girls are older and one of them wants to wear shorts with words written on the butt. I can be just as "Juicy" as a fourteen year old! In fact my backside is large enough I could get a whole sentence on there. :001_smile:

:iagree: If you had simply said you liked the fashion and didn't see anything wrong with it, you could've equally said that the snood looks ridiculous. :D

Darn. You are so right. :glare:

I had to google snood, because I've never heard the term. I found that it is a traditional female headcovering. Every google image was of a conservative looking woman. Is that what you are talking about? :001_huh: I can't believe a teen boy would be seen in that. :lol:

"Snood" was the idea that it brings to mind, but it's not technically a snood. It is like the "do rag" link posted, but it's open and longish behind; let me see if I can get a link. Like this, I guess. Okay, looking at this makes me see that it's supposed to have multiple wearing options. Dh was demonstrating it like the girl in the link has it, with the open part behind, but I see they also have it tied or use it to cover head and neck. I guess that makes more sense, but it's still not cute like the bandana was.

This is the sort of look I was enjoying.

I vote that nothing referred to as a "rag" belongs on any person's head.

But, yes, your husband is trying to compromise so you will have to do your best to not micromanage the snood.

(wow. There's something you don't say every day.)

Nice quote! Too funny. :lol:

Oh. Oh NO. That's not a snood. That's a BUFF. It's a scrunchie, it's a hat, it's a neck warmer... You can wear it to rob banks. And, if you make the cut on Survivor, it can be your bikini top, or a skirt. :ack2:

I'm so sorry you have to live with this sitting on your son's head. :grouphug:

Oh. Oh NO. That's not a snood. That's a BUFF. It's a scrunchie, it's a hat, it's a neck warmer... You can wear it to rob banks. And, if you make the cut on Survivor, it can be your bikini top, or a skirt. :ack2:

I'm so sorry you have to live with this sitting on your son's head. :grouphug:

:lol::lol: Man, you are full of 'em tonight!

Blame it on sleep deprivation and paint fumes.

You really should get one and wear it as a bikini top when he wears his on his head. That'll teach both of them. :lol:

If you knew the non-existence of the bOOks you're speaking of...man, what a visual! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest submarines
Darn. You are so right. :glare:

"Snood" was the idea that it brings to mind, but it's not technically a snood. It is like the "do rag" link posted, but it's open and longish behind; let me see if I can get a link. Like this, I guess. Okay, looking at this makes me see that it's supposed to have multiple wearing options. Dh was demonstrating it like the girl in the link has it, with the open part behind, but I see they also have it tied or use it to cover head and neck. I guess that makes more sense, but it's still not cute like the bandana was.

This is the sort of look I was enjoying.

Nice quote! Too funny. :lol:

They are both cute. Let DS choose.

LOL. That's awesome. I think it only works with older kids. Every so often when my nieces is staying over she wants to wear a fairy costume out in public, she'd probably be delighted if I wanted to wear one with her. I'll remember that suggestion though when the girls are older and one of them wants to wear shorts with words written on the butt. I can be just as "Juicy" as a fourteen year old! In fact my backside is large enough I could get a whole sentence on there. :001_smile:

Ha! We have a saying here: the butt is not a billboard. If you are old enough to use the toilet, you are old enough to refrain from words on your tush.

You haven't said if your ds likes it. If he does I think you're kinda stuck.

Mary

He does. He likes it. He likes it equal to the bandana that I like.

I've made some peace with the Ravens do rag. Or Buff - I never heard that term before. Ds is wearing it twisted into a skull cap, which looks more agreeable than with the open part hanging in the back.

Ds6 just ran in here holding the bandana. Now that ds12 is wearing the Ravens buff, ds6 wants to wear the bandana. :001_unsure: