Menu

Read TWTM, What Editions, How Many Times ?

TWTM  

1. 1. TWTM

• Read 1st Edition
    • Once
    • Many Times
    • Read 2nd Edition
    • Once
    • Many Times
    • Read 3rd Edition
    • Once
    • Many Times
    • One or all never leave my side ( desk, table, nightstand, etc. )

Well, I own all three editions and they are all three practically falling apart from use... soooo....

I own all three also. The first edition I used for years. When I started over with my little ones I bought the 2nd and 3rd editions. The 1st and 3rd have been read many, many, many times. All three are within arms reach.

Seriously considering buying the Kindle Edition as I am tired of lugging TWTM 3rd Ed through airports. Along with my Bible, it is one of the have to bring books. I mean what if I am at a beach and can't remember what SWB says about critical thinking in 6 th grade? It could be tragic.:lol:

I once owned all 3 at the same time. I gave away the 2nd book first, then the 3rd book. I refuse to give up my original 1st edition because it is way more dog-eared than the other two. I just love it. I used to keep it nearby for reference. Now that my kids are in high school and their school work is out of my hands, the book sits on my bookshelf untouched. Isn't that so sad?

Have and read #1 many, many times. It sat on my desk for over 10 years until #3 moved next to it, and now has replaced it. I moved #1 into my storage bookshelves a few months ago. I needed the room. :crying:

Check out #2 from the library many, many times to read and compare to #1.

Have and read #3 several times. I'll compare it to the first edition, and it is now the one sitting on my desk instead of the 1st edition.

I asked in the other thread about, but no one has answered: What are the differences between the 1st, 2nd, 3rd editions (some of you have read them all)....and which one is your favorite; the one you'd recommend??

I can't vote in the poll so I can't see the answers. :sad:

This might help. SWB explains it here.

Oh, the newest edition would likely make the most sense for people new to WTM because the recommendations are more up to date and less likely to be out of print.

I've read them all, multiple times. For anyone who's never read them and is considering buying one, I think the 3rd edition makes the most sense just because it has the most recent recommendations.

I have an emotional attachment to my 1st edition, simply because I read it when I was just getting started with homeschooling and my oldest was five.:)