Menu

Penn State Grad Student Changes Story?

Seems the new take on this is that he DID stop the assault against the 10-year-old in progress, and later talked to the police. He's going to be interviewed by CBS news. (has been)

, the
assistant football coach under fire for his reported lack of action in an alleged 2002 rape of a boy by
, said in an email to a former classmate that he stopped the assault in an athletic facility shower and discussed it with police.

In the email obtained by The Morning Call, McQueary wrote that he "did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police" following the alleged incident between Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant coach, and a boy. McQueary also wrote that he "is getting hammered for handling this the right way or what I thought at the time was right."

Here's the rest of the article:

:confused:

Ugh. Ridiculous.

Fwiw, I think University Park police *do* count as real police. They're more than just "security guards," according to their website. It certainly sounds like someone reporting a crime to them would not also need to contact the State College police (though maybe the UP police would turn it over the State Police; I don't know).

I don't know that he changed his story.....we've only read the new stories. Thus far, he's not given his story to us. And apparently that was sent in confidence to a friend. So it's not like he's been blabbing all over the place. I suspect he has to keep quiet as witness, but on the other hand, he's be blasted for being weak not to have stopped the attack when he saw it because that is what we all read in the paper. He's the ONLY one thus far not have given his side to the media. Perhaps we should give him a chance to see what he has to say.

I read the Grand Jury report. If he has more information to sure, I'm sure the grand jury would be quite interested to hear about it.

Kicking it up to your boss who kicks it up to someone affiliated with University police several days later is NOT the same thing are calling 911 right.then. And at the very least, when weeks later, they tell you that it's been "resolved" and that the man is banished from the building and that's it, THEN you call the police. You know what you heard. You know what you saw. You know that banished from the building is not justice for that child. Man up.

Start with the assumption that a large percentage of what you read/hear in the media is dead wrong. Did he change his story? Or did someone else have it wrong?

:iagree:

I would not be the least bit surprised if the media got the facts wrong. Personally, I'm going to wait until the case begins before I pass judgement on McQueary.

Could be that he meant - according the the Grand Jury testimony - that when Sandusky and the kid saw him it stopped.

I could not bear to watch Sandsuky's interview the other night but the transcripts are profoundly disturbing and it turns out Sandusky's lawyer impregnated his 16 yr old client and then married her. He was in his 50's at the time. One wonders where he found a lawyer who let him go on National TV and admit he showered with young boys frequently and engaged in 'horseplay'. That sorta answered that for me.

I cannot believe Sandusky is out on bail. Especially after that interview. He is a sick man.

i heard a portion of an interview with the mom of one of the victims. IIRC, the boy asked his mom if there was a list of sex weirdos on the interenet that he could look to see if Sandusky was on it.

i guess that was the beginning of her finding out what had happened to her son.

The school officials told her to "think of the repercussions" if she went to the police. Makes you wonder why they couldn't "think of the repercussions" if she didn't.

News this morning is a bunch of files from 2001-2004 (something like that) are missing from the Second Mile Club's records.