Menu

Just crying...

maybe I'll keep it together a little while mom is here picking up the kids.

Oh please do cry when she is there to pick up her babies! She should know that you love them, and that someone who was a total stranger a few months ago now grieves their loss. If she is a good mother, she will be glad you are a mess because it means her children were in a good place; if she is not, maybe it will make her think, "What the heck is wrong with me that I don't feel like this about my babies?"

Thank you for the care you have given the children and the mother. You will never know the difference you have made in their lives.

Terri

Thanks for the support y'all...

I really didn't think it would be this bad because mom is a good mom, I know they are loved dearly, and I knew all along they were going to go home pretty quickly. I mean, I expected to cry and be sad and such. I just thought it'd be different. It's different with every set of kids that leave, I guess.

They were toots today. I guess they could tell something was up.

I just wanna cry. I wish I had a little more time before the other three get home. I don't feel ready....

Mom still isn't here. Thankfully I had time to have a good cry with a friend so maybe I'll keep it together a little while mom is here picking up the kids.

Absolutely wonderful that I am confident about where they are going.

I'll be fine shortly, I'm sure.

We are not taking any more kids before the end of the year. We'll reconsider in January or June or sometime next year.

I think you are doing the right thing. Take a breather for a bit to mourn your loss, and even though it is a wonderful thing that they are back with their original family, it is still a loss. I hope that the Mom keeps in touch. I think it is so much easier when you can see them for a bit, even if it is in pictures and through letters, and know that they are flourishing. Take care of yourself and know that there are people out here in the world sending you love and prayers.

It is awfully quiet around here. It is amazing how much noise two little people make (and now aren't making HERE).

Mom was very thankful which is nice. She even came BACK to the house again to express appreciation. I had a hard time when she and her sister came to pick them up. And when they first left. But then I had to suck it up and parent the five I still have (two bio and three who are hopefully soon-to-be-adopted).

I still feel like I did nothing but cry all day.