Menu

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

We were out and about yesterday and I saw a young boy (7?) with a t-shirt that said, 'When I grow up, I want to marry a Hooters girl.'

I think this reflects more on the parents than the child. It's really sad that someone actually thought it was cool to put this shirt on a 7 yr old.

I think this reflects more on the parents than the child. It's really sad that someone actually thought it was cool to put this shirt on a 7 yr old.

Oh, absolutely. I know parents who (wrongly) live vicariously through their children--making goals for them such as what college they are going to attend or that they should be a doctor or a lawyer. But marrying a Hooter's girl? What adult thought that was in any way appropriate, funny, or.... well, I'm just gobsmacked.

Hey, at least he has goals! Not like those other slacker 7 yr. olds who don't know what they want in life. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

It's so important to have goals in life. ;)

And as for the "sexy" shirt and the toddler-sized thongs... :ack2:

I don't have daughters, but I have seen some of the clothing they market to little girls, and some of it is appalling. I do. not. ever. need to see a 5 year old in a bikini with a padded top.

:glare:

My favorite was the string bikini panties in size 4T that I once found at Walmart. I also found thongs in a shockingly small kids size there once as well.

In their defense, I had to buy strings to go under our daughters' dance leotard. My younger one, now 7, LOVES them. I don't mind her wearing them, as she is VERY modest. I was raised in white granny panties. In fact, my mom sent me off to college with a couple packs of NEW white granny panties. As long as she keeps her underwear under, I'm not going to raise a stink!

Thongs, however, I will put my foot down too. I always feel that those are worn to make it look like you're not wearing anything. If there is another reason, please let me know!

Edited by cin

In their defense, I had to buy strings to go under our daughters' dance leotard. My younger one, now 7, LOVES them. I don't mind her wearing them, as she is VERY modest. I was raised in white granny panties. In fact, my mom sent me off to college with a couple packs of NEW white granny panties. As long as she keeps her underwear under, I'm not going to raise a stink!

Thongs, however, I will put my foot down too. I always feel that those are worn to make it look like you're not wearing anything. If there is another reason, please let me know!

OK....I'm clueless. What are strings? I thought you were referring to thongs.......but, no?

Well, maybe I'm not the only clueless one ;).....I think the thong underwear is to not have pantylines that show (which basically would amount to not wearing anything). At least that's the excuse.

BTW....I hate the thought of those things too (I'm sure I'll feel the same way about "strings" once I know what they are :lol:) . Ew.....wouldn't it feel like a wedgie at all times??? :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:

ETA: I just googled Thong....in case I don't know what I'm talking about (which wouldn't be a surprise)....up popped "thongs for men". Uh........no....not gonna even look at that. I just x'd right out of google and figured I didn't need to see a woman's thong anyway either. I think I'd rather remain in the dark.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

A friend of my dd's gave her a bag of clothes. One of the shirts had a picture of a big fat Buddah idol on it (which I kind of went....huh...when I saw that :001_huh: ). Under the Buddah it said, "Shake your Buddah". :001_unsure: :glare: That shirt went in the trash...I wasn't about to hand that one off to someone else.

And, how about the girls pants that have words written across the butt? Like you really want a guy reading your dd's butt? :tongue_smilie: